Turn on thread page Beta

Beards watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Been growing the stubble for a short while now, and i've been told its getting fairly scruffy, (I'm a bloke btw) and i was wondering how I cud shape or style it.

Got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    With a razor?

ReputationRep:
    Get a beard trimmer, and use the longest setting to keep it the right length. If you're quite young, it'll probably keep on looking pretty scruffy until you're a little older; depends on the thickness of the hair and the density of the growth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohol5%)
    Been growing the stubble for a short while now, and i've been told its getting fairly scruffy, (I'm a bloke btw) and i was wondering how I cud shape or style it.

Got any ideas?
    you could always let it grow down to your feet...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i wouldnt worry about styling it, i would just ditch it :p:

or stubble is nice

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean how!? lol, course i need a trimmer or a razor.

And it's not young bum fluff stubble. What sorta styles shud I go for?

ReputationRep:
    Styles?

A bit of stubble or all off is the way to go in my opinion. Though personally I'm only a fan of clean-shaven. I wouldn't go in for some poncy semi-beard goatee thing.

ReputationRep:
    Shave it off, stubble is so uncomfortable for a girl when she kisses you :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean how!? lol, course i need a trimmer or a razor.

And it's not young bum fluff stubble. What sorta styles shud I go for?

Useful resource: http://members.aol.com/beardguy/beard.htm. (I presume you're talking about actual beards, and not goatees or soul patches or any of that rubbish).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    yeah, i've been banned from keeping stubble...

yeah, i've been banned from keeping stubble...
    At least your girlfriend doesn't moan at you about 2 hours after you've shaved. Maybe I should start wet shaving again...

ReputationRep:
    Well as the hairs get longer theyre not as prickly so if u grow a beard it wudnt be as bad as stubble.
    As for styles erm wht can u reli do? I spse i see lots of pple wth goaties? and the stubble/short hair looks also popular bt gta suit u. Jst try sme stuff strting wth the style whch involves the least cutting away.

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna speak up for those with facial hair here, cos seems like nobody else has much time for it - one thing to keep it looking fairly respectable is shave the hair off your neck, up to your jawline, then trim the stuff on your face with hair clippers/beard trimmers. i've started getting a bit 'poncy' lately and shaping it more, but ive had no complaints from kiss-ees and in 6 years (the length of time since ive been clean shaven) there've been quite a few! My advice is go nuts with your razor and go with what people take the piss out of the least

edit: Just be careful with what you do, cos when i left just the bit round my mouth, i had about 10 people tell me i was a spitting image of Ed Norton in American History X (minus the swastika tattoo). Not the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    i just shave round my mouth n leave the rest designer stubble stylee

ReputationRep:
    If I am successfully to emulate Derren Brown in but one respect, let it be this.

ReputationRep:
    i repeat- do not have a beard! of any shape or form! stubble maybe but at that keeps it nice. i just dont know of many girls who like the while beard thing, i certainly don't. altough, you aren't doing it to impress girlies you are doingit for yourself so just do whatever!

ReputationRep:
    You know a beard will make you look old and slightly dodgy right? but hey! if you like it , you like it

ReputationRep:

Got any ideas?
    use a lighter

naw, jk...

jus a normal razor

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Goatee is good - but it's got to be a man's goatee not some poncy Alessandro Del Piero job.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.