parting of ways Watch

Eidothea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
To make a long story short (as possible) . . .
I've been friends with this guy for a long time and a while back I fancied him thinking he felt the same, only to be heartbroken. I felt kind of used as he gave out signals that guys in love give, like sitting very close to me during movies.
I confronted him and our friendship was very shakey for a while but survived until now. He's been hanging around with a lot of girls lately and paying them so much more attention than he did to me and I felt really upset for a while as we've had such a long friendship despite the ups and downs. But I was starting to be at ease with things and I liked most of the girls he's with apart from one.
I just told him oneday, quite casually what I thought of her. He goes and tell her what I said, because he 'felt that I was being *****y towards her'. Jeez, I was only giving my honest opinion! How come he doesn't tell me when someone else was *****y about me?
We're not going to continue the friendship after high school, can anyone help me get over this?
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what are we gonna do...
move on
Eidothea
Rep:
?
(Original post by rico dan man)
what are we gonna do...
move on
*sniff sniff*
guess so . . . but it's hard!!!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Eidothea)
To make a long story short (as possible) . . .
I've been friends with this guy for a long time and a while back I fancied him thinking he felt the same, only to be heartbroken. I felt kind of used as he gave out signals that guys in love give, like sitting very close to me during movies.
Yes, that's love, right there.
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe you misread his signals at the movies, but even if you did he's being a little tactless and insensitive with how he's acting now. I'd say dump him as a mate and move on.....I know it's hard but what does your friendship entail exactly? Him selling you out to some chick he fancies to win brownie points with her and completely disregarding the fact you've been friends for ages?

With friends like that who needs enemies!
Eidothea
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
Maybe you misread his signals at the movies, but even if you did he's being a little tactless and insensitive with how he's acting now. I'd say dump him as a mate and move on.....I know it's hard but what does your friendship entail exactly? Him selling you out to some chick he fancies to win brownie points with her and completely disregarding the fact you've been friends for ages?

With friends like that who needs enemies!
You've hit it the nail right on the spot! I'm a bit hurt but since he's not willing to fight to maintain our friendship, it's worth letting go . . .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads