Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!

I didn't know anywhere else that was appropriate to post this, so just in here will do lol. I am sending away for my passport soon and have photo's which are yet to be verified. I know teachers can do this for you, but i wont see mine for another week and a bit(easter hols). So I need to know what kind of person you need to be to verify passports. My dad's girlfriend is a nursery nurse, would she be able to do it? I know doctors can, but my doctor is out miles away and i hear that they often charge too. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    doctors, teachers, lawyers, nurses....basically if you have a degree and work in the public sector and hav a degree....so no, i don't think a nursery nurse would be able to do it, but i may be wrong

Nursey nurse can't.

Police officer, religious leader (priest, imman, rabi etc), bank employee, doctor, nurse, elected politician, permanent civil servant, teacher (school or official academic staff at university)

and a few others.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can get a family solicitor (if you have one) to sign the photos for you, but i think that costs.. so not really worth it.. only if you are desperate i suppose. Maybe you should wait out the holidays and get a teacher to sign them?!

ReputationRep:
    Ye's!

ReputationRep:
    You can just pop down to the police station and they'll do it for you. I was laughing when they did mine....all they said were "Are you Miss xxx like the application says you are". I said yeah and they signed them. Hardly secure but oh well

ReputationRep:
    You need to verify passport photos?? Odd, dont think ive ever done that, just send them off along with forms....

ReputationRep:
    an accountant did mine

(Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    You can just pop down to the police station and they'll do it for you. I was laughing when they did mine....all they said were "Are you Miss xxx like the application says you are". I said yeah and they signed them. Hardly secure but oh well
    Advantage of being attractive and female I guess.

The person is meant to have known you for at least two years.

ReputationRep:
    Pharmacists.

Usually it says on the back of the form who can sign for verification. Do you have JPs (Justices of the Peace) here? They can do it too.

BTW ,make sure you are happy with your photo. I look like a man in mine. So when I went for my other passport photo I piled on heaps of makeup a la Barabara Cartland and it looks like me! Hurrah! Note: this does not mean I look like Barbara Cartland..... or her dog

ReputationRep:
    Your Pet Dog

ReputationRep:
    any gov official

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.