Politics at Nottingham Watch

-Pete-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Any other students thinking of going to Nottingham for politics in 2006?

It's top of my list atm but I'm loathe to choose it as final as for me once I choose I know that's it.

I went to an open day in March but didn't really feel like I learned much as the tour was conducted by first years (no offense intended, but there's only so much you'll have learned about the university in 6 months).

Is anyone else thinking of Nottingham for politics in 2006?

What do current students think of the course/university/teachers/student life?

Pete
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's a lot of stuff in this forum about general Notts uni things like student life and the uni as a whole. Frances is a second year politics student - username Frances
Lexy86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a prospective politics grad student for the 2007/08 session, and I know a fair amount of people doing politics as undergrads at Notts - they LOVE it, and I personally loved the atmosphere I found while I was up there (twice, actually, for a fairly long time). Going by those two factors, Nottingham is my first choice
-Pete-
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Cool - great to hear an opinion from a grad student too I just really like the look of the options on the Nottingham course. You can range between really specific topics and all encompassing global politics.

I found it a bit hard to get a good sense of the uni when I went on an open day, as I was severely lacking sleep and it was pissing down!
rah2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a final year straight pol student but Frances is generally better at answering questions

I've had a great time and don't think I would chose any other course if I could go back in time. Don't let the rain put you off!
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Course is great (lots of choice!), uni is great, most of the lecturers are pretty cool (and you get to know which ones to avoid), social life is cool. Um, yeah, I'm a bit lazy tonight, sorry! But it's great, I'm sure you'll love it here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.83%
No (516)
72.17%

Watched Threads