Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am know slightly old enough to realise that poetry and stuff like that I wrote when I was bout 13/14 is actually painfully embaressing and shockingly bad... just wondered if people still wrote stuff and thought it was good, or look back and cringe just like when you see a boy band sing acapella to swooning fans...

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean- can't help looking back at some of the stuff I wrote when I was an angsty 13/14 year old and cringing! For example a poem I found the other day that I wrote years ago- couldn't help but laugh!:

Smoke a spliff and hope to die
    Stick a needle in my eye-
    If I wasn't blind already
    To the suffering, eternal hate,
    Sell my soul to the hands of fate,
    As their grip releases, entropy increases
    And I'm sentenced to the morgue to rot forever

very happy isnt it? anyone else have any amusing examples they'd like to share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitewitch)
    omg, sounds like stuff of mine... I had it all on an old website of mine, and forgot about it until my current bf loked it up from my msn profile and was quoting for days... i was so bloody embaressed... thankfully i cant remember much of it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitewitch)
    I know exactly what you mean- can't help looking back at some of the stuff I wrote when I was an angsty 13/14 year old and cringing! For example a poem I found the other day that I wrote years ago- couldn't help but laugh!:

Smoke a spliff and hope to die
    Stick a needle in my eye-
    If I wasn't blind already
    To the suffering, eternal hate,
    Sell my soul to the hands of fate,
    As their grip releases, entropy increases
    And I'm sentenced to the morgue to rot forever

thats uplifting

ReputationRep:
    For angsty teen people related comedy, your best bet is to go to deadjournal.com and click the "random grave" link to get a random journal up

ReputationRep:
    lol I went to school with one of my friends until GCSEs when she went to another school for sixth form we pretty much lost touch until after graduation (just casual emails etc) and then when we both moved home and were bored we started going to the pub together etc. Well one night she fished out her old diaries and they were so funny she is the most melodramatic person in the world. Her descriptions of snogging her boyf that she had when she was 13 were really mills and boon esque (our sad choice of literature at that time when pretending we were grown up) and we wont go into all the *****y comments she made to dear diary about me her supposed best friend of the time.

You just think you are so grown up at that age its hilarious looking back on it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    lol I went to school with one of my friends until GCSEs when she went to another school for sixth form we pretty much lost touch until after graduation (just casual emails etc) and then when we both moved home and were bored we started going to the pub together etc. Well one night she fished out her old diaries and they were so funny she is the most melodramatic person in the world. Her descriptions of snogging her boyf that she had when she was 13 were really mills and boon esque (our sad choice of literature at that time when pretending we were grown up) and we wont go into all the *****y comments she made to dear diary about me her supposed best friend of the time.

You just think you are so grown up at that age its hilarious looking back on it now.
    Ya i had a journal that I put ideas into when i was like 12 or 13.. i found it when I was cleaning one day and I read it and realized how messed up my mind was I had like drawings of nuclear landmines and stuff.. i guess i had watched too many war movies or something

ReputationRep:
    I have written enough bad poetry in my time and have realised that it is k to write that stuff as long as you don't display it in public . I guess this thread would also back up my idea that most people in metal bands (who's lyrics tend to be like the posted poem) have the intellect of a twelve year old.

Musciboy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.