The Student Room Group

What do people wear around halls?

e.g. in the morning, will they be fully clothed before they leave their rooms.

are there ever people walking around in boxers etc...?
Don't count on it :tongue:

are there ever people walking around in boxers etc...?

Yep.
Reply 2
I don't think you would care what they are wearing if you are in their room. however it you are talking about the shared space then its a different question.
Reply 3
Depends, if you never speak to your housemates then you may be fully dressed before you leave, but generally people walk around their own areas in PJs etc, then maybe step it up to sweats before entering the more communal areas :P
Not around halls, even if they are single sex.
Halls essentially become your home, so within the general bounds of decency (i.e. wear something) people will wear whatever. I (and others) have been known to walk around the flat in a towel, and no one ever batted an eyelid.
Reply 6
First couple of weeks everyone seems to be dressed, then it suddenly all goes out of the window and guys just wear boxers. There was a girl in my halls that came out in just a towel occasionally!
Reply 7
We mostly wear sweats in the kitchen/living room, otherwise your clothes especially jeans/hoodies, absolutely stink of cooking.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In your room - whatever you want. In shared areas - minimum of towel/underwear. That said I left my room one morning in the second week of term to find my male flatmate wandering round the flat stark naked...
Most people very quickly start wearing PJs etc to walk around their flat in. Some of the smokers will also smoke outside in them, although some prefer to be dressed. I would be careful if your room is overlooked, as their was one girl who my friend's flat named "naked-girl" as she would stand by her window, clearly visible wearing nothing or very little, especially after a shower.
Reply 10
Probably whatever they would wear around the house at home, after all for the year that's exactly what the hall is.

Quick Reply