This discussion is closed.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
OK, my boyf is extremely clever for mechanics and electronics and stuff like that, but he's becoming disheartened with his course as it is all middle managment crap at the mo, and he's started to think that he won't be able to find a job he likes and that being self emplyed would be too difficult.

He's started talking about helping other people out - he's really caring and interested in medecine. he was thinking about training to become a paramedic, or working in a business whereby he'd invent and make things which could help the disabled, elderly or people with learning difficulties.

Any suggestions as to what he could do? I don;t want hime to give up engineering as its truly his passion and vocation i beleive.

help, please!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If he's got any free time he might want to get involved with helping people through Remap: http://www.remap.org.uk/

They custom build equipment that isnt available commercially but which can improve a disabled persons quality of life, they are a charity though so it would be more about having something voluntary to do outside of his course to keep him sane than a job or way out.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (13)
7.03%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
7.57%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (43)
23.24%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (22)
11.89%
No, nothing has changed (64)
34.59%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (29)
15.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed