I need help!

Watch this thread
S3XY-S1NGH
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi I really need help with my GCSEs, I was predicted A*s, As and Bs But, I want to do better!

The subjects I study are:
English Language - I have a B overall, I would've got an A if it wasn't for the grade boundary problem.

English Literature - I'm currently studying it. We're doing a controlled assessment soon about the two plays, Othello and Richard III. We have to study and answer a question about two soliloquy's (Iago's and Richard's soliloquy), the things is though our teacher rushes through a lot of it - I never have a chance to understand (this happened in my English Language course as well). We're doing AQA Specification A (which is the harder one I believe), can you recommend be a book to revise from?

Chemistry - I actually enjoy this subject a lot! It is one of my favourite subjects actually, and I want to study it at A level. The thing is in my Unit 1 exam I got a grade B, and I didn't really listen in class a lot (I was distracted by my friends) nor did I revise or try. My teacher even said I can get an A or an A*. So can I retake my Unit 1 exam, and get an A or even an A*? I'm worried that I have to revise for two Chemistry units at the same time.

Physics - Again one of my favourite subjects. It is the same story as Chemistry to be honest, I just walked into the exam in the morning without doing no work - I got a B though. I want an A or an A*, but I'm worried that I won't be able to get those grades and It'll be hard studying for two units at the same time.

Biology - Again one of my favourite subjects. I haven't done my Unit 1 exam yet for Biology I'm doing it in November, so how should I prepare for it? I really need an A/A*!

If I want to retake my science exams, how do I retake them?
I have the textbook for my science course, other recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Maths - My favourite subject!. It is also one of my strongest, I want to get an A at least. What books should I get to revise from? How should I revise for these exams?

Geography - I like this subject, I should get an A* in this subject. But, I need to know how to revise for it - as I've never revised before! So how do I revise for it? Also what books should I get for this subject?

History - I enjoy this subject a lot, I should get an A* in this subject. I already have the books for this subject, I just need to really get hold of the exam technique though. How do I make my exam technique better?
Also my teachers are so boring!

Business studies and IT - I absolutely loathe these subjects, I was actually forces to choose these two by my headmaster! He didn't let me see the list of subjects that I could choose. I would love to get a high grade in these subjects, but I think I'll only get a P/Pass to be honest.

How do I revise though, should I just sit there an write notes then make a summary of the topic?

Then should I answer questions on those topics?

Can you please tell me how to revise for English and similar subjects, as the revision will be different to science subjects, right?

Also what support can I get from teachers? 99% of all the teachers in my school aren't supportive!

I'm thinking of buying books, and things like folders as well so I can keep my self organised. Also what type of paper should I buy? I'm thinking about buying lined paper and squared paper. What do you think?

Is there anything else I can do, to help my grades go up?

I'm in Year 11 so this is my last year here are my targets, getting majority As/A*s realistic?

Also how should I study two units of the same subject, at the same time?

This year I'm going to choose my sixth form/college, so if I want to go to a good sixth form or college I'll need good GCSEs, right?

Could recommend any good sixth forms or colleges in Birmingham, or very close to Birmingham?

I'm really going to try so hard now, but I need a ton of support and this site seems so supportive. As I've had quite a few problems, I've been bullied kicked out my parents house, been depressed for some time, and I've even though of committing suicide.

Please don't think I'm troll because I'm not, I mean I'm really worried about these results.

Thank you, A.K!
Galileo Galilei
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S3XY-S1NGH)
Hi I really need help with my GCSEs, I was predicted A*s, As and Bs But, I want to do better!

The subjects I study are:
English Language - I have a B overall, I would've got an A if it wasn't for the grade boundary problem.

English Literature - I'm currently studying it. We're doing a controlled assessment soon about the two plays, Othello and Richard III. We have to study and answer a question about two soliloquy's (Iago's and Richard's soliloquy), the things is though our teacher rushes through a lot of it - I never have a chance to understand (this happened in my English Language course as well). We're doing AQA Specification A (which is the harder one I believe), can you recommend be a book to revise from?

Chemistry - I actually enjoy this subject a lot! It is one of my favourite subjects actually, and I want to study it at A level. The thing is in my Unit 1 exam I got a grade B, and I didn't really listen in class a lot (I was distracted by my friends) nor did I revise or try. My teacher even said I can get an A or an A*. So can I retake my Unit 1 exam, and get an A or even an A*? I'm worried that I have to revise for two Chemistry units at the same time.

Physics - Again one of my favourite subjects. It is the same story as Chemistry to be honest, I just walked into the exam in the morning without doing no work - I got a B though. I want an A or an A*, but I'm worried that I won't be able to get those grades and It'll be hard studying for two units at the same time.

Biology - Again one of my favourite subjects. I haven't done my Unit 1 exam yet for Biology I'm doing it in November, so how should I prepare for it? I really need an A/A*!

If I want to retake my science exams, how do I retake them?
I have the textbook for my science course, other recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Maths - My favourite subject!. It is also one of my strongest, I want to get an A at least. What books should I get to revise from? How should I revise for these exams?

Geography - I like this subject, I should get an A* in this subject. But, I need to know how to revise for it - as I've never revised before! So how do I revise for it? Also what books should I get for this subject?

History - I enjoy this subject a lot, I should get an A* in this subject. I already have the books for this subject, I just need to really get hold of the exam technique though. How do I make my exam technique better?
Also my teachers are so boring!

Business studies and IT - I absolutely loathe these subjects, I was actually forces to choose these two by my headmaster! He didn't let me see the list of subjects that I could choose. I would love to get a high grade in these subjects, but I think I'll only get a P/Pass to be honest.

How do I revise though, should I just sit there an write notes then make a summary of the topic?

Then should I answer questions on those topics?

Can you please tell me how to revise for English and similar subjects, as the revision will be different to science subjects, right?

Also what support can I get from teachers? 99% of all the teachers in my school aren't supportive!

I'm thinking of buying books, and things like folders as well so I can keep my self organised. Also what type of paper should I buy? I'm thinking about buying lined paper and squared paper. What do you think?

Is there anything else I can do, to help my grades go up?

I'm in Year 11 so this is my last year here are my targets, getting majority As/A*s realistic?

Also how should I study two units of the same subject, at the same time?

This year I'm going to choose my sixth form/college, so if I want to go to a good sixth form or college I'll need good GCSEs, right?

Could recommend any good sixth forms or colleges in Birmingham, or very close to Birmingham?

I'm really going to try so hard now, but I need a ton of support and this site seems so supportive. As I've had quite a few problems, I've been bullied kicked out my parents house, been depressed for some time, and I've even though of committing suicide.

Please don't think I'm troll because I'm not, I mean I'm really worried about these results.

Thank you, A.K!
You're too dench to revise init, with all the mandem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (59)
26.94%
As I expected (70)
31.96%
Harder (82)
37.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.65%

Watched Threads