Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, just wanted to say that i have my test next wednesday and to be quite honest i am s$&ting myself. i took atest just before xmas and failed really badly because of nerves. my instructor has complete faith in me, but i know that that if the nerves creep in i am [email protected]%&ed, any advise would be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny-fartpantz)
    Hi all, just wanted to say that i have my test next wednesday and to be quite honest i am s$&ting myself. i took atest just before xmas and failed really badly because of nerves. my instructor has complete faith in me, but i know that that if the nerves creep in i am [email protected]%&ed, any advise would be really appreciated
    oh oh me too me too and mine is tomorrow morning!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was so nervous on my (3rd) driving test that my left leg was actually shaking- so much so that my turn in the road was really jerky cos i could hardly control my leg... i told my examiner that i was nervous and i think he must have taken that into consideration becasue i passed!!! have you considered having you instructor with you in the back- they can't do or say anything but some people find it helps them to relax more, having someone they know in the car with them...

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, can you drive?

ReputationRep:
    Drink.

ReputationRep:
    The test has changed a lot since I took mine over 10 years ago however, the basics never change, I passed mine 2nd time. The things they look for are:

Observation - make sure you make it obvious when you look in your mirrors
    Reading the road signs properly
    keep to the speed limit
    KEEP CALM

You'll be fine, the best of luck to you, let us know how you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    The test has changed a lot since I took mine over 10 years ago however, the basics never change, I passed mine 2nd time. The things they look for are:

Observation - make sure you make it obvious when you look in your mirrors
    Reading the road signs properly
    keep to the speed limit
    KEEP CALM

You'll be fine, the best of luck to you, let us know how you do.
    Showing your age there.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get nervous, I get majorly STRESSED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Showing your age there.
    I am, I have now got a very sensible 5 door hatchback. Just because I am older than you lot, doesn't meen I am any less stupid. I got done for speeding last month 3 points on licence which has been clean up till now, boo hoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    I am, I have now got a very sensible 5 door hatchback. Just because I am older than you lot, doesn't meen I am any less stupid. I got done for speeding last month 3 points on licence which has been clean up till now, boo hoo.
    There was me thinking I was the oldest fart on the forum. Looks like I have some competition.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm learning also and got a test date. Had a real crap lesson today and I'm beginning to think is it all worthwhile!

Good Luck for anyone who has tests coming up. I've got a real good Show Me Tell Me page on my website, well detailed photos if anyone wants to swat up on it!

www.good2drive.com

Regards
    Kirsty

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to take the test unless I'm sure I can pass - which will be ages later. I get so stressed and upset while driving, and there are blisters on my palms from turning the steering wheel and clutching it really hard. Hehe..

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.