This discussion is closed.
jonny-fartpantz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi all, just wanted to say that i have my test next wednesday and to be quite honest i am s$&ting myself. i took atest just before xmas and failed really badly because of nerves. my instructor has complete faith in me, but i know that that if the nerves creep in i am [email protected]%&ed, any advise would be really appreciated
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jonny-fartpantz)
Hi all, just wanted to say that i have my test next wednesday and to be quite honest i am s$&ting myself. i took atest just before xmas and failed really badly because of nerves. my instructor has complete faith in me, but i know that that if the nerves creep in i am [email protected]%&ed, any advise would be really appreciated
oh oh me too me too and mine is tomorrow morning!!!!!!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was so nervous on my (3rd) driving test that my left leg was actually shaking- so much so that my turn in the road was really jerky cos i could hardly control my leg... i told my examiner that i was nervous and i think he must have taken that into consideration becasue i passed!!! have you considered having you instructor with you in the back- they can't do or say anything but some people find it helps them to relax more, having someone they know in the car with them...

Good luck!!
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Calm down, can you drive?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Drink.
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The test has changed a lot since I took mine over 10 years ago however, the basics never change, I passed mine 2nd time. The things they look for are:

Observation - make sure you make it obvious when you look in your mirrors
Reading the road signs properly
keep to the speed limit
KEEP CALM

You'll be fine, the best of luck to you, let us know how you do.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
The test has changed a lot since I took mine over 10 years ago however, the basics never change, I passed mine 2nd time. The things they look for are:

Observation - make sure you make it obvious when you look in your mirrors
Reading the road signs properly
keep to the speed limit
KEEP CALM

You'll be fine, the best of luck to you, let us know how you do.
Showing your age there.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont get nervous, I get majorly STRESSED!
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Showing your age there.
I am, I have now got a very sensible 5 door hatchback. Just because I am older than you lot, doesn't meen I am any less stupid. I got done for speeding last month 3 points on licence which has been clean up till now, boo hoo.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
I am, I have now got a very sensible 5 door hatchback. Just because I am older than you lot, doesn't meen I am any less stupid. I got done for speeding last month 3 points on licence which has been clean up till now, boo hoo.
There was me thinking I was the oldest fart on the forum. Looks like I have some competition.
kn_cln
Report 15 years ago
Hi

I'm learning also and got a test date. Had a real crap lesson today and I'm beginning to think is it all worthwhile!

Good Luck for anyone who has tests coming up. I've got a real good Show Me Tell Me page on my website, well detailed photos if anyone wants to swat up on it!

www.good2drive.com

Regards
Kirsty
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm not going to take the test unless I'm sure I can pass - which will be ages later. I get so stressed and upset while driving, and there are blisters on my palms from turning the steering wheel and clutching it really hard. Hehe..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.22%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.79%
Look for a job (16)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.46%
Take a year out (81)
17.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.94%

Watched Threads