The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heya I choose aston as my firm choice at the beginning of march and they haven't sent me anything but my mate got some accommodation stuff about six weeks after she choose it. Did you get anything through the post or just apply on the website? I don't think they tend to send anything out until may/june or so I've heard
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied online last year, and rang up to confirm they had received my application.

They're perfectly helpful and confirmed they had received the offer. You will get information and another applicatiom form through the post for accomodation (EVEN if you have already applied online) - ignore this is the advice I was given.

Applying twice is bad for administration expenses :smile:
Reply 3
I got some stuff this morning, confirming which accomodation I'd got (Lakeside :smile: - so I'll be skint the first year) and asking for the deposit, so its all sorted now.

Ali x

ps loz_aston - I applied online, it was very easy, only a couple of questions. I suppose it was about 6 weeks ago.
Reply 4
I get some “The form was not submitted for the following reasons - You are coming from an unauthorized domain” when I use the online application form; any one else getting this ?
Reply 5
Yeah I just tried to send mine off just now and it won't let me - exactly the same reason
Said at the bottom something about Jack's scripts too and when I clicked on it it was a completely unrelated site...
Reply 6
Just been back onto the website now to contact someone and when clicking on the accommodation section it said accomodation response and that my form had been sent off successfully so not quite sure what happened or whether the form actually got sent off or not!
Reply 7
Ring the accomadtion to confirm it'll only take 5 mins just to be sure you don't want to miss out
If Aston is your insurance do you still apply for accommodation now or do you wait until results day?
Reply 9
I applied for accomidation online on 23rd March. About a week later I got a paper application form which I also completed, mainly because I was unsure of the reliability of the online application and also I had not had the opperunity to send off passport photos.

I have not got anything back yet though! I phoned and spoke to someone and asked who gets priority, is it the first applications receieved that get priority? She said it helps, but the final decision on where you get is dependent on when you send the final confirmation through after the results. But based on what someone has just said about getting confirmation and deposit request already the person who I spoke to was wrong?!

Was it a unconditional offer you got? If so that would make sense. I cant see them taking deposits off people when its not 100% that they will be going there?!
Reply 10
I applied for accomodation online a while ago and only today I have recieved an application form, as if I haven't applied yet at all...I would recommend calling the university if you have any worries about online applications not going through..:smile:
Reply 11
yeah, i applied online, and then got paper application pack through post.. apart from there wasnt the actual application form in it! so i rang and the woman said i shouldnt have done it online.. so i said do u want to send me a paper application then? and she said no you cant apply twice. so im a bit confused! and now they wont have a picture and i dont have a form.. i always get my self in situations! xx mite ring again..:p:
Reply 12
Yes I did get an unconditional offer. I doubt people with conditional offers will get confirmation of an accomodation place until after results day. I didn't get asked for any passport photos, just a deposit and a signature to say I understand the conditions of my accomodation.

Ali x
I think the passport photos are for the Campus Cards rather than purely being accommodation
Reply 14
ali_b
Yes I did get an unconditional offer. I doubt people with unconditional offers will get confirmation of an accomodation place until after results day. I didn't get asked for any passport photos, just a deposit and a signature to say I understand the conditions of my accomodation.

Ali x

I dont want to sound like im "knit picking", but just so I understand did you mean conditional offer here?
Reply 15
tomraffe
I dont want to sound like im "knit picking", but just so I understand did you mean conditional offer here?

Yes I did, I was going to edit it, but I got distracted so forgot about it! Sorry if I confused you.

Ali x
Reply 16
bec__
yeah, i applied online, and then got paper application pack through post.. apart from there wasnt the actual application form in it! so i rang and the woman said i shouldnt have done it online.. so i said do u want to send me a paper application then? and she said no you cant apply twice. so im a bit confused! and now they wont have a picture and i dont have a form.. i always get my self in situations! xx mite ring again..:p:

I emailed the accommodation people today, but doubt I'll get a reply for a few days as its Easter. I'll let you know when I do tho.

Ali x
Reply 17
ali_b
I have applied for my accommodation online. I did this about a month ago and was wondering if I will get anything confirming this or if I will just get a letter closer to Sep telling me which accom I have got?

ali x

well about a week after a replied with a firm choice for Aston I applied for accommodation online...the funny thing is that about 5day after that a got a regular mail from Aston...thanking me for making a firm decision and there was also an attachment with accommodation application...I got completely confused...maybe I should call them and ask what's happening :smile: :confused:
Reply 18
They send this to everyone. Online is a new thing so I'd ring and check and see if you need to send the paper one
Reply 19
If you applied online for your accommodation and then received a paper form:

I just got an email back from the accommodation office saying that you don't need to fill it in, just send them the passport photos with you name and ucas number on them and then details of the accommodation you've been offered (if that applies to you).

Ali x

Latest