The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
no people who kill animals shouldnt get the same sentence as people who kill people. Animals do not have much of a role in society do they... apart from personal pleasure.
Reply 21
I agree the sick twisted freak should be killed:mad:
Reply 22
ikernal
no people who kill animals shouldnt get the same sentence as people who kill people. Animals do not have much of a role in society do they... apart from personal pleasure.

Don't you think personal ppleasure is enough?
Dogs don't hurt you they bring joy... and to torture one for days is just sick... and should warrant a much stricter punishment than ten measley months in jail, where this c*** will get a TV, a pool table and a cushy free bed paid for by hard working citizens tax pounds...
That is just wrong...
Reply 23
creamcrackered
Does anyone think it is more vile to hurt animals than human beings...

More? No.
Reply 24
creamcrackered

to me it's just as bad.I think such a thing is unforgivable. but worse is pushing it a bit. so if YOU were tortured to death it wouldn't matter as much ?

and i seriously don't wish there still was death penalty. I know that some people like pedophiles and rapists deserve it but the problem is that when you have that kind of system, it's always abused. and it doesn't fit with some of our basic society values and principles i don't think. even if we agree the bastard deserves to die, it's not a good dynamic for a society.
Reply 25
This is probably contraversial but I think in some ways it is more vile to murder an animal (I mean like torturing a dog) than some murders of human beings. A lot of murders are crimes of passion/self defence so rationally somewhat understandable. A little dog never hurt anyone and in most cases is entirely innocent so people who torture and kill pets are motivated by a pure sick and twisted homoscidal pleasure. This isn't always true but I think it's the crime itself and the motivation behind it that makes it more or less horrible than the species of the victim.
Reply 26
Nice one Chrissy :smile:

I like ya response there
Do you people advocating killing the man who killed the dog not realise how contradictory your views are? I have real trouble understanding how you can express hatred of the act of killing, and then propose killing in the same post.
Reply 28
tut tut... He killed something that had done no harm...
He deserves to be punished, and if it's killing or hurting him involved, I'm not bothered.
If the dog had killed someone or hurt someone maybe I'd understand more and be sympathetic but it didn't. It provoked no one and did not deserve to die. He does, he provoked such a response by what he did.
Reply 29
A cat died last year because someone threw her at a pile of fireworks. Obviously there was nothing left of the poor thing.
so if a innocent, unknown human was being tortured and a innocent, unknown dog was also being tortured and you could only save one -which would you save? Me? the human.
Reply 31
No I'd save the dog.

Also... that's a bit of a generalisation there. That situation ain't gonna arise so it is irrelevant.

What this man did was horrible... you can't deny it, unless you're cruel too.
Reply 32
:frown: I read this article about a lot of pets being killed by air guns. I saw some kids throwing sticks at a dog today...went and had the biggest go at them which in retrospect probably wasn't a good idea as there was one of me and about five of them. I'm giving more money to the RSPCA.
Reply 33
Good for you Chrissy... the scumbags... why can't they leave them alone...
Reply 34
Its sick and imo worse than if it was a human- humans can express their feelings and emotions, they understand whats going on and while its equally twisted and just plain indescribedly sick, theres someting even more disturbing about it being an animal- they can't understand why they're there, won't know if it will end and they can't begin to express or defend themselves.

It did nothing to provoke anything and will have one day been sat home happily eating its doggie food, the next off to unimaginable pain and suffering. But then again look at all the animals that suffer every day of their lives- all the battery hens, the animals kept for meat, those that we test on- but our society couldn't carry on the way it does if that didn't happen. I think thats the difference, suffering for someones sick perverted pleasure and suffering (which is usually slightly less extreme and usually over quickly) for human 'neccesity' neccisity is probably the wrong word- we could survive without meat etc but we would never be prepared to change enough.

I hate the idea of animals suffering there is something about it that gets me worse than anything! Its like those people who drown puppies or throw them off bridges! and that lad that tied a fire work to a bulldog! What is seriously wrong with those people!! I could rant all day about this!
creamcrackered
No I'd save the dog.

Also... that's a bit of a generalisation there. That situation ain't gonna arise so it is irrelevant.

What this man did was horrible... you can't deny it, unless you're cruel too.

Alright...I think you are cruel for choosing the dog. In my view, humans will and always come first in the pecking order, because we have true consciousness and reason - I do think what the man did was horrid, but I don't think what he did warantees a death sentance - if he had done the same to a human, then maybe yes. Here's a tip - watch the film Pierrepoint out now.
Reply 36
creamcrackered

Yep, i agree with that! Most animals can't defend themselves really.

When i bought one of my Bearded Dragons, the shop had no idea what it was or how to look after it. You can find care sheets anywhere for them. When i went to save it he picked it up by the head and threw it in a plastic bag.

Went straight to the RSPCA for that and needless to say, the shop got shut down :smile:

Lofty.
Reply 37
Lofty
Yep, i agree with that! Most animals can't defend themselves really.

When i bought one of my Bearded Dragons, the shop had no idea what it was or how to look after it. You can find care sheets anywhere for them. When i went to save it he picked it up by the head and threw it in a plastic bag.

Went straight to the RSPCA for that and needless to say, the shop got shut down :smile:

Lofty.

Good for you! One of my cats was really abused as a kitten. When she was first brought to the RSPCA's attention she was covered in cigarette burns and was so horribly skeletal. Now she's fine and happy but it makes me so angry that someone could do that to a little kitten.
Reply 38
sophisti_kate
Alright...I think you are cruel for choosing the dog. In my view, humans will and always come first in the pecking order, because we have true consciousness and reason - I do think what the man did was horrid, but I don't think what he did warantees a death sentance - if he had done the same to a human, then maybe yes. Here's a tip - watch the film Pierrepoint out now.

So what makes you think humans are significant?

Humans have instilled morality that they seldom choose to follow... Humans are scum. Including me.
I'd saved the dog everytime, even if it was me in the line of fire.
Reply 39
sophisti_kate

I agree with the Kantian idea that human beings are separated by their ability to reason but I don't think that this gives us a superiority or a greater worthiness to live. This is not relevant to torture which is specifically done to incite pain...both animals and human beings feel pleasure and pain which in my view means that they should have equal rights as victims. A person who submits an innocent dog or human being pain and suffering should be punished equally.

Latest

Trending

Trending