holiday rep Watch

jellybaby99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey, thinking of holiday repping for a company like thomson for a few months over the summer. anyone done this before? good/bad experiences? any idea of the levels of pay to expect? thanks
ellewoods
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One of my colleagues at work repped for 3 or 4 summers.

Pay is appalling.
Accommodation varies.
You need bagfuls of stamina, and be very confident and outgoing, be able to party til 4am and be up at 6am for an airport run.

It's the people that make it - depends on what your fellow reps are like. My colleague had 1 bad summer, the rest he loved

However, he was an 18-30 rep in Greece and Spain, and got sacked eventually for taking drugs and having a mini-orgy on the balcony of his apartment, involving some guests :rolleyes: I'm sure it would be *very* different if you planned on being a Family rep lol!!

I used to work as a travel advisor in my gap year, and the tour operators were constantly trying to recruit me as a rep... best thing to do is look in the back of glossy magazines (I think they advertise in Cosmo for def...) or go on the tour ops websites and apply.
You can do summer season or winter season, so should be recruiting quite regularly.

Good luck
ames123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone anything to add to this?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?