Turn on thread page Beta

comments on UKL user pictures watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This thread is linked from the UKL userpics website, for your general comments on users pics. (don't be nasty though)

If any one else starts a related thread, let me know and I will add the link.

LOVE SHAZZA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    This thread is linked from the UKL userpics website, for your general comments on users pics. (don't be nasty though)

If any one else starts a related thread, let me know and I will add the link.

LOVE SHAZZA
    So i can't be nasty about myself???
    But i look so wierd!

ReputationRep:
    awwwwww, I suppose being nasty to yourself is alright, but you really shouldn't put yourself down you know... it's a confidence thing!!

ReputationRep:
    awwwwww, I suppose being nasty to yourself is alright, but you really shouldn't put yourself down you know... it's a confidence thing!!
    Yay!
    I put myself down, so when inevitably others put me down, it doesn't hurt as much.

ReputationRep:
    and that really works??????

ReputationRep:
    and that really works??????
    Well, yes. Sort of.
    Because they can't insult me really, if i have already insulted myself, because theres no point.
    I know its not an ideal way of doing things, but its better than taking everything to heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well, yes. Sort of.
    Because they can't insult me really, if i have already insulted myself, because theres no point.
    I know its not an ideal way of doing things, but its better than taking everything to heart.

yes, I suppose your right, but I sometimes look at myself and think oh I hate this, I hate that. But if someone ever says it to me, it stil hurts even though I know it myself, so how do you overcome this??

ReputationRep:
    yes, I suppose your right, but I sometimes look at myself and think oh I hate this, I hate that. But if someone ever says it to me, it stil hurts even though I know it myself, so how do you overcome this??
    you have to learn to hate yourself that way when other people say nasty stuff about you you agree with them and actually feel better

ReputationRep:
    well I will give it a try, but I don't think it will do much for my confidence. which is lacking as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Well i know that its true, so what is there to be upset about?
    But i'm the sort of person who doesn't get upset too easily by words, most of the time.
    Especially about my appearence.
    Because i know that a person being so negative about the way i look is being shallow, and thats not the sort of person who's opinions mean much to me, or they are people who i know are making comments out of half jest, and i do the same, because you know that they do know who you are, and its a good thing if the worst thing they can say about you is about how you look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    you have to learn to hate yourself that way when other people say nasty stuff about you you agree with them and actually feel better
    Exactly. Self hatred is one of the most positive things you can have.

ReputationRep:
    Link to said site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Link to said site?
    http://uklearning.tripod.com/

ReputationRep:
    Yuu should use some gallery software rather than flat HTML... it's inefficient and hard to update!

ReputationRep:
    Whats this thread on?????

ReputationRep:
    I used tripod, so it would be quick to do, it's working well enough, I save the fancy stuff for my portfolio website. There really wasn't any need to have anything amazing, just a simple place to add images to.

Barman, the website containing images of UKL users, http://www.uklearning.tripod.com just general comments on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Gimp you're not ugle you're cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Gimp you're not ugle you're cute
    yeah good one my self-loathing makes me immune to your heartless jibes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    yeah good one my self-loathing makes me immune to your heartless jibes!
    Hmm... maybe you didn't see what Cate wrote.
    Or maybe thats why you think its heartless, who knows?
    (well, you probably do),

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd get people commeting on this subject again

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.