Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have dates booked for OASC in a couple of months. There are a couple of questions I hope some of you may be able to help me with.

The questions are really aimed at those who have been to OASC recently, although any help from anyone in gratefully recieved.

Firstly, regarding the fitness test, what are the PTI's like when it comes to the press-up test? Do they make you keep your arms tucked into your sides whilst doing them?

Also when doing the bleep test does your whole body have to cross the line, or do you just have to touch the other line before the bleep?

I know the press-up/sit-up 'Good' and 'Excellent' boundries are kept quite, but is there anytbody out there who did get an excellent grade and is prepared to share how well he/she did?

Finally does anybody know of any good websites, books, etc that I can use to prepare for the group and individual problem solving tasks?

Many thanks for all your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olaff)
    Hi,

I have dates booked for OASC in a couple of months. There are a couple of questions I hope some of you may be able to help me with.

The questions are really aimed at those who have been to OASC recently, although any help from anyone in gratefully recieved.

Firstly, regarding the fitness test, what are the PTI's like when it comes to the press-up test? Do they make you keep your arms tucked into your sides whilst doing them?
    Just keep your hands under your shoulderblades, nothing else matters I think.

Also when doing the bleep test does your whole body have to cross the line, or do you just have to touch the other line before the bleep?
    Foot needs to touch the line.

I know the press-up/sit-up 'Good' and 'Excellent' boundries are kept quite, but is there anytbody out there who did get an excellent grade and is prepared to share how well he/she did?
    Don't know the exact boundaries, but 10.10 is counted a 'Credible' (as opposed to just a pass) as is 30 pressups. I only got 36 situps so I wouldn't know where the buck starts/stops there.

Finally does anybody know of any good websites, books, etc that I can use to prepare for the group and individual problem solving tasks?

Many thanks for all your time.
    Ask your AFCO for examples of planning exercises (although I didn't do any practice ones).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StringyP)
    Just keep your hands under your shoulderblades, nothing else matters I think.
    Actually, they make sure you have your thumbs underneath your shoulders when lying on the floor. You have to have your heels together and knees together at all times, and must be completely straight when performing the press-ups. Oh yeah, and they are pretty strict about your sternum touching your partner's fist, not just your bib/shirt. Arms have to fully lock out when at the top of the press-up aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KSpin)
    Actually, they make sure you have your thumbs underneath your shoulders when lying on the floor. You have to have your heels together and knees together at all times, and must be completely straight when performing the press-ups. Oh yeah, and they are pretty strict about your sternum touching your partner's fist, not just your bib/shirt. Arms have to fully lock out when at the top of the press-up aswell.
    Heh, I was just referring to arm positioning, but yes, they do all that as well.
    When I was there the PTIs weren't too strict about the sternum touching the hand, you were just expected to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Olaff, try and dig out the thread in which everyone puts in their experiences. It may be on page 2 or 3 as it hasn't been added to in ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR4pilot)
    Olaff, try and dig out the thread in which everyone puts in their experiences. It may be on page 2 or 3 as it hasn't been added to in ages.
    Because KSpin is a lazy ass and didn't contribute! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bleh. No, I didn't contribute, because the whole OASC thing seems to be flogged to death, and I don't think I could add anything fresh to it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, mmhmm. :P

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.