Turn on thread page Beta

Summer work in the South of France watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me....

I'm taking a gap year after my A-levels this year and I'd love to spend Summer 2007 working in the South of France. Nice would be my number 1 destination but I'd be interested in anywhere in the area.... I speak quite decent French (doing A-Level) and would ideally like to work for 3 to 4 months as a waitress/barmaid/something along those lines.

I've been looking on websites which offer seasonal work in France but most of them seem to offer jobs in ski resorts, which I'm not interested in, or Northern resorts. Has anyone worked in the South of France/know anything about how I could go about this? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You could try a holiday camp (known as colonies de vacances or simply colo) since they usually employ young people.
    Picking fruit or more likely in late august grapes (for vine) is always an option however most of it is done by machines so you need to find some small vine yard or orchard.
    Otherwise my only other suggestion would be somewhere where it's an advantage speaking english so hotels, restaurants in the more touristy areas, things like that. Beware though the conditions for seasonal workers aren't very good and it isn't a particularly good time to be looking for a job there.

ReputationRep:
    Literally, turn up around about this time next year, and go to all the bars, clubs, cafés and restaurants in the tourist areas, and you will get a job without any problem.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.