The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Eleanorgrace22
Do Lancaster consider students resitting AS modules?

I am resitting a couple of my modules from year 12

I will have completed my A-Levels within two years
Also do I have to put resits (as pending) on my UCAS form?

Yes they do, most schools do. You don't need to list the individual modules on UCAS. If you are improving the overall AS grade then you need to apply for it to be re certified and this would mean you list the AS subject twice, once with the achieved grade and again this time as pending. Again this is only for the whole qualification and not the individual modules.
Ah right, thankyou that's very helpful. :smile:
Reply 22
Hey guys and girls :smile: I'm a fellow Lancaster applicant :biggrin:

Quite scared eeeeeek!!
Reply 23
I'm a Lancaster re-applicant, hoping they see promise in me this time!
Reply 24
Just sent off my UCAS application! Best of lucky everyone x
Reply 25
has anyone received an email from liverpool uni saying that the GMC are considering the independence from liverpool university and that there decision will be made after the medicine ucas deadline? if yes then what happens if the GMC reject the splitting up of liverpool medicine and lancaster medicine?
Reply 26
Original post by maazmania
has anyone received an email from liverpool uni saying that the GMC are considering the independence from liverpool university and that there decision will be made after the medicine ucas deadline? if yes then what happens if the GMC reject the splitting up of liverpool medicine and lancaster medicine?

I got the same email too, I phoned Lancaster to ask. No answer...then I realised it's Saturday. I phoned the GMC to ask as well but they said they will have to ask their education adviser who only works Monday-Friday. I guess we'll just have to wait till Monday and phone up to ask, then if they say no we won't carry it on, it's rejected, we just have to have lay a chance card on the table. Eurghhh, this has worried me now, I don't want to waste an application.
Reply 27
Original post by StuartCB
I got the same email too, I phoned Lancaster to ask. No answer...then I realised it's Saturday. I phoned the GMC to ask as well but they said they will have to ask their education adviser who only works Monday-Friday. I guess we'll just have to wait till Monday and phone up to ask, then if they say no we won't carry it on, it's rejected, we just have to have lay a chance card on the table. Eurghhh, this has worried me now, I don't want to waste an application.

I'm confused, why should this matter to your application? If the split doesn't go ahead, Lancaster will just continue to churn out doctors with degrees from the University of Liverpool.
Reply 28
Original post by myyrh
I'm confused, why should this matter to your application? If the split doesn't go ahead, Lancaster will just continue to churn out doctors with degrees from the University of Liverpool.

I'm a big pessimist, so I was just worried in case The University of Liverpool turn around and say "Ha you didn't get independence, we don't want anything to do with you now". But no you're probably right, but still it's better to be certain of these things 'cause they haven't really said anything about what happens if it's rejected.
Reply 29
I'm a big pessimist, so I was just worried in case The University of Liverpool turn around and say "Ha you didn't get independence, we don't want anything to do with you now". But no you're probably right, but still it's better to be certain of these things 'cause they haven't really said anything about what happens if it's rejected.

I'm 99.9% sure that wouldn't happen lol The reason they haven't said much about what happens if it is rejected is because
a) I think it's unlikely it'll be rejected
b)It will just carry on as normal. The medical school would not just risk a do or die situation :tongue:
Obviously calling them would set your mind at ease so you only got to wait till Monday :cool:
Reply 30
Original post by myyrh
I'm 99.9% sure that wouldn't happen lol The reason they haven't said much about what happens if it is rejected is because
a) I think it's unlikely it'll be rejected
b)It will just carry on as normal. The medical school would not just risk a do or die situation :tongue:
Obviously calling them would set your mind at ease so you only got to wait till Monday :cool:

Hahahaha, This is very very true! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by myyrh

Original post by maazmania

I emailed about this a while ago, here's their response:
'If the GMC does not approve us to become independent the situation will stay as it is with the Liverpool degree programme being offered at Lancaster Medical School and the A105 course being run in Lancaster. If we become independent we will offer a Lancaster degree programme. If you wish to apply to both Liverpool and Lancaster this will take two of your choices.'
My grades
GCSE
Biology-A
Chemisrty-A
Physics-A
History-A
Maths-B
French-B
Geography-B
English Language/Litrature- BB
Welsh Language/Litrature-BC
ICT Basic Basic Skills Level 2

AS/ A Level -I studyed Maths(Pure/Stats), Biology,Chemistry and Physics.
As
Biology-A
Chemistry-A
Physics-A
Maths-A
A Level
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A
Maths-A
Physics-B
Are these good enough?
Reply 33
Original post by joker12345
I emailed about this a while ago, here's their response:
'If the GMC does not approve us to become independent the situation will stay as it is with the Liverpool degree programme being offered at Lancaster Medical School and the A105 course being run in Lancaster. If we become independent we will offer a Lancaster degree programme. If you wish to apply to both Liverpool and Lancaster this will take two of your choices.'

That's a relief hahaha. Thanks so much for this :smile:

Original post by Pixie-x
I'm a Lancaster re-applicant, hoping they see promise in me this time!

Me too! Best of luck
Reply 35
Original post by AngelaPerry

Me too! Best of luck

Good luck, I decided to substitute lancaster the other day so I am no longer applying, I hope it goes well for you! :smile:
I am a Lancaster applicant too, I am very excited.

lets kick some life into this thread lol
Original post by doctorteeth
I am a Lancaster applicant too, I am very excited.

lets kick some life into this thread lol

Agreed :smile: Does anyone knows when exactely the decision of GMC regarding the splitting will be known?
sounded like it would be known before interview dates
I got the email like everyone else, however they said in October.

Yo know what medical schools are like though we will know in November no sorry December, actually in the new year, before February lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending