Question about Physiotherapy @ Plymouth !? Watch

a2thej
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey
I've been accepted for physiotherapy at Plymouth Uni and was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the whole course is taught. I vaguely remember a person coming into school and saying that it is mainly presentation-based.
If anyone could let me know because if it is mainly doing presentations all the time this could put me off doing the course @ Plymouth, but as it's my only offer I kinda have to take it.
So if anyone could let me know
Cheers
AJ

(BTW, i'm from Plymouth so if anyone got any questions about anything down here, just ask )
forest
Report 12 years ago
Hi.

I had my Physiotherapy open day last week at Plymouth, and from what i gathered, the assessments are a mixture between written exams, presentations and practical placements. But i couldnt tell you the actual breakdown.
a2thej
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by forest)
Hi.

I had my Physiotherapy open day last week at Plymouth, and from what i gathered, the assessments are a mixture between written exams, presentations and practical placements. But i couldnt tell you the actual breakdown.
Hey
Yeah I was more wondering about the style of lectures, what the lecturers are like etc.
I can't get to the Uni on any of the open days so can't go and see for myself
Cheers anyway
sahsum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would imagine its a mixture of lectures, practicals and maybe a few tutorials. Lectures might be mixed with other courses that cover the same kind of thing - maybe biology and even medicene. With a course like Physio its probably going to be a similar style of teaching at most unis, since everyone has to learn the fundamentals to be able to qualify as a Physio.
forest
Report 12 years ago
From what i gathered from my open day, it is a mixture of lectures/ seminars ect. But there is a great deal of independant learning. Each student gets put into a small group (like a tutor group), who meet every monday morning, and they choose between themselves a few learning targets for the week. And its up to the group to research the weeks abjectives, and to learn them, then to teach the others what you have learnt when u meet up again on the friday. Hope this has given you an extra insight
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Plymouth
    All departments open Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of Plymouth
    All departments open Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads