Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know this sounds abit depressing but for my drama gcse final i am doing a performance on HIV and the consequences. I play the part of a man who is in a long term relationship with his wife, he has HIV from a one night stand affair, he tells his wife that he is ill and tells her how he got infected, he feels guilty and upset. She then knows she has to go to the doctors to find wheather she also has the virus. She does - this is devastating for her as she is preganant! - could the child have the virus? Do u think she would get a abortion? How would she feel? she hadn't told her husband about the baby.

he wants to work things out and support her but how would he feel after he finds out about the baby later on? Would he comit sucide because of the guilt n stress? and what about the woman, would she accpet his offer to support her?

We then will go into a kind of day dream where we show the consequences of the baby, would would happen if she did keep the baby and then what about if she had an abortion. In the end woudl u think she would decide to have an abortion? What about the relationship between the husband, how would that end up do u think?

Please post your thoughts and ideas as it ould help alot! Thankyou soo much.

Tribi18

ReputationRep:
    well... thats uplifitng.....
    i think that the husband shouldnt commit suicide, he loves her and it would add a nice note for them to stay together and keep on living. a trakic story always needs a couple of fighters.

i reckon that the baby should be aborted, because it would give the couple more to deal with and it would really test their strength together. and plus, i think it would be wrong to have a baby that would already have a date of death...

this story is pretty good, you should put it down on paper as well as performing it, it could be very successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    this story is pretty good, you should put it down on paper as well as performing it, it could be very successful.
    Really?! Orr thanks alot! thats cheered me up, thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should watch Angels in America. This was an incredibly well acted made-for-tv movie (about 6 hours long) about HIV/AIDS in the Reagen Era in america starring Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson. It was shown on Channel 4 a fortnight ago in two parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    You should watch Angels in America. This was an incredibly well acted made-for-tv movie (about 6 hours long) about HIV/AIDS in the Reagen Era in america starring Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson. It was shown on Channel 4 a fortnight ago in two parts.
    Okay, thanks for that - il look out for it.
    Can someone give me any sites i could lok for reasearch please?

ReputationRep:
    Come on people.. give me feedback on the ideas i've orginally posted pleaseee. I would like people's opinion on this subject,
    thanks!

Tribi18

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.