PLEASE READ is 3A*'s 2A's 3B's 2C's and 4A's at AS good enough Watch

Wiseguy.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is 3A*'s 2A's 3B's 2C's(GCSE) and 4A's(AS) good enough for applying to, Warwick and Bristol for Accounting and Finance BSc. Considering i got an
A* at GCSE mathematics at the end of year 10. And also since i am studying:

Further Mathematics
Mathematics
Physics
Economics
Opinions please
G_H_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Considering you have 4 A's in those subjects at AS then its a yes, and as long as you get a good personal statement together you shouldn't have many problems.
Werty675
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As long as you have a decent personal statement and reference, it should be fine.

A word of warning, if you were to drop one of those subjects, make sure its further maths as Bristol state that they are unlikely to accept someone who has maths and f maths as 2/3 A Levels. I'd imagine Warwick are the same.
godfather
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
WHAT THE **** DO U THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course there bloody good u muppet, 4 A's at AS (errrmmmmm no u dont say)....... A* A's B's and 2 C's (r u on crack these great......)......... wat i dont understand is how u can get the grades, and still ask a question like that... u kno wat the answer is going to be so stop looking for people to push ur self esteem up and get on with ur life.

MUPPET

mr michael corleone (its strictly business)!!!!!!!!!!
G_H_G
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by godfather)
WHAT THE **** DO U THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course there bloody good u muppet, 4 A's at AS (errrmmmmm no u dont say)....... A* A's B's and 2 C's (r u on crack these great......)......... wat i dont understand is how u can get the grades, and still ask a question like that... u kno wat the answer is going to be so stop looking for people to push ur self esteem up and get on with ur life.

MUPPET

If you had said that in an eloquent way then you probably would have got some positive rep from me as I fully agree with what you're saying. But oh well :p: .
paddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by godfather)

MUPPET

Probably because Warwick say on their admissions webpage that they want their applicants to have *preferably* a mixture of A*s and As at GCSE. Personally I don't know if 3A*s, 2As, 3Bs and 2Cs would be enough.
My advice is to go to Warwick's website and email the admissions tutor and ask if those grades stand a realistic chance. Also if you get all As at AS, I suggest you certificate them (lots of schools don't, but you should just to show that you got the 4 As at AS).
dan_b
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
take it ur enjoying ur A levels a lot more than ur gcses.
i'd have said ur def. fine with ur AS's, but the fact that there is a lot of difference between ur GCSE and AS results might spark something off.

go 4 it mate, im sure u'l be fine..
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?