Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking at my signature and assuming that i dont get an offer from Warwick, what would you suggest I put as a firm and an insurance. Sitting on a 91% in economics, 88% in history and 80% in maths(resitting C2 and hopefully lifting the grade to an 83).
    Any advice is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    umm... if warwick rejects you (which I hope will not be the case becuz the uni rocks) i advise (even if many people on this forum don't appreciate my comments) for me: FIRM: bath/warwick INSURANCE : manchester. I am looking from the purely academic side of the whole story...but all depends where "you" will feel the best (me and my philosophy of life) cheers

ReputationRep:
    Out of your choices I would personally put Bristol as your firm choice, and either Bath/Manchester as your insurance depending on your preference (however I strongly prefer Manchester).

ReputationRep:
    Ideally i would want to put Bristol as my firm and Bath as my insurance but I think it is quite risky.

ReputationRep:
    Firm
    Bristol - I'd say (from my limited knowledge) it has the best reputation, despite what league tables suggest. Also, nice city - not too big, not too small.

Insurance
    Bath / Manchester - do you want a bustling city, or a quieter campus. Both very different places, therefore its simply down to personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokita2006)
    umm... if warwick rejects you (which I hope will not be the case becuz the uni rocks) i advise (even if many people on this forum don't appreciate my comments) for me: FIRM: bath/warwick INSURANCE : Bristol/manchester. I am looking from the purely academic side of the whole story...but all depends where "you" will feel the best (me and my philosophy of life) cheers
    But Bristol wants AAA, so surely if he doesn't make Bath or Warwick, Bristol will also be out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    Firm: Bristol
    Insurance: Manchester/Bath

The firm choice is simple- Bristol has a better reputation than both Bath and Manchester and is probably the best place to live. As for insurance decide whether you want to live on a big city or not, as Bath and Manchester could not be anymore different as cities. Overall, though go with Bristol as firm.

ReputationRep:
    Firm
    Bristol- Comes highest in most overall league tables and is by far the most reputable in terms of employment. The economcis department is quite good as well.

Insurance
    Bath/ Manchester

ReputationRep:
    I know Bristol is the best of the 3, but if i put it as my firm, what should i put as my backup? If I put BAth there is a chance i may miss the grades and if i put manchester I would prefer going to Bath.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say:

FIRM - Bath
    INSURANCE - Manchester

it's only up to you though. that's just a humble suggestion of mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drozdek)
    I'd say:

FIRM - Bath
    INSURANCE - Manchester

it's only up to you though. that's just a humble suggestion of mine.
    Bristol should be his firm choice if he has a chance of making the grades. If you are worried about your grades I would pick Manchester as insurance. It has a better international reputation than Bath and a more influential economics department.

ReputationRep:
    Put Bristol as your firm and work harder so that you'll meet the grades! good Luck!

Firm: Bristol
    Insurance: Bath

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.