The Student Room Group

Nottingham medical school A108 foundation year 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FutureDocIA
Sorry, that made no sense to me, i guess i am still able to apply then? and my 6th form has like 1000 points =/

Ahah no worries :tongue: it is confusing! Basically your sixth/form college will have an average A level performance per student. My sixth form had less than 770 points per student so I met the requirement for group A (though I met for both points). If your got more than 6 A,s which is the requirement for the five year course, your sixth form/college must have less than 770 points average for a level student.
Original post by sumsum123
Ahah no worries :tongue: it is confusing! Basically your sixth/form college will have an average A level performance per student. My sixth form had less than 770 points per student so I met the requirement for group A (though I met for both points). If your got more than 6 A,s which is the requirement for the five year course, your sixth form/college must have less than 770 points average for a level student.

Ohh well.. the story so far is i went to a private high school (not sure if that changes things) im on bursary though and the school was terrible as in ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/education/09/school_tables/secondary_schools/html/317_6054.stm

It didnt have a 6th form, but i came highest in the year for gcses.
Reply 22
Ohh well.. the story so far is i went to a private high school (not sure if that changes things) im on bursary though and the school was terrible as in ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/education/09/school_tables/secondary_schools/html/317_6054.stm

It didnt have a 6th form, but i came highest in the year for gcses.

Where do you do your Alevels now?
At a state grammar school with 1016 points.
Reply 24
At a state grammar school with 1016 points.

Ohh okay. According to the site you wouldnt qualify for this course unfortunatly but you can always double check with them :smile:.
Ohh okay. According to the site you wouldnt qualify for this course unfortunatly but you can always double check with them :smile:.

Aww maan, why not? I didnt my GCSE's elsewhere at a worse high school.
Reply 26
Aww maan, why not? I didnt my GCSE's elsewhere at a worse high school.

True I hope they will look at your secondary school, email them :smile:.
Do you think i would be able to get in with A*AB?
I meet all the other requirements.
Reply 28
Original post by amandaplease
Do you think i would be able to get in with A*AB?
I meet all the other requirements.

I think that would be fine seeing as your not predicted AAA. What are your gcse,s like?
Reply 29
Thanks I guess I will have to decide which path I'm going to take and yes I did Econ as a fourth subject and got a D but I dropped it for A2 so now I'm retaking only chemistry and mathsvsince biology is not that important do u think Maths is important or biology?
Reply 30
Hi, I am thinking of applying to this course but wasn't aware of resits. I have achieved the grades so far to do this course but I want to retake modules for other courses. I got ABCC at the end of AS, can I still resit modules and apply to this programme?
Hi, for my gcses I got 1A 7Bs and 3Cs, got ACDD psychology,biology,chemistry and English language in AS level, I dropped English language, predicted ABC I fulfil 3 criterias I'm group b, in group a I went to a really rubbish school but my college is great, it's bilborough college Nottingham :/ do you think I am eligible to apply ?
Reply 32
Original post by Damnambitious
Hi, for my gcses I got 1A 7Bs and 3Cs, got ACDD psychology,biology,chemistry and English language in AS level, I dropped English language, predicted ABC I fulfil 3 criterias I'm group b, in group a I went to a really rubbish school but my college is great, it's bilborough college Nottingham :/ do you think I am eligible to apply ?

The best thing to do is just ring them up or email them and tell them your situation.
Do you kknow who I should email?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
Original post by Damnambitious
Do you kknow who I should email?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Tell them the position your in and ask them what are the chances of being considered for the foundation course.

Hope that helps!!
Hey guys. I shall be applying for the A108 course at Nottingham as post A-Level student. Do the vast majority of applicants get called to the stage interview?
At GCSE I have 8A*s 4As and 1B
A-Levels (achieved): A*ABaac
I am yet to sit my ukcat at the end of September :smile:
Reply 36
Hello there everyone, decided to make a thread for this course as I could not find one already made. I am starting the course this September and it is a new course as it started this year. This link answers common questions asked http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mhs/documents/frequently-asked-questions-for-a108(2).pdf. And here is my own medicine applicants profile for your interest http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511&page=27&p=39115286#post39115286 .

For the foundation year you will be based at the graduate medical school in Derby where you have exams in Jan and May/June. Afterwards you will join the 2014 A100 cohort in Nottingham and resume the usual 5 year course. If you have any questions for me, post here or just chitchat with other applicants :biggrin:. Best of luck everyone!

Oh yeah and be mindful of Nottinghams resit policy, "While you are studying for your AS levels, we will accept one module re-sit in each AS level subject you are studying. We do not accept re-sits of any A2 modules. If you have completed your A2 qualifications, we will not accept any further re-sits. We assume that you have made your school and the examination board aware of any adverse factors that may have occurred during your A-levels, including dyslexia, ill-health or bereavement. ".

Hi, I was just wondering how you though my chances of getting onto this course was. My As grades were a bit poor. I got CCDDD (chemistry,geography,biology,maths and philosophy and ethics) respectively but i wont have a problem getting predicted BBBbc. My GCSE's also could have been better as well, I only got 2 A's and 11 B's. For work experience I only managed: 1 week with a dentist; 1 week with a professor at newcastle uni and 2 days at a GP's. I am an air cadet and through it I have done a tonne of volunteering ( help for heroes, British heart foundation, R.A.F.A and for my squadron itself) The other main points to pick out would be my gold duke of Edinburgh and that I'm first aid qualified. Apart form that I'm not too sure if I would have a shot of getting on the course at all, any advise?
Reply 37
Original post by Shash09
Thanks I guess I will have to decide which path I'm going to take and yes I did Econ as a fourth subject and got a D but I dropped it for A2 so now I'm retaking only chemistry and mathsvsince biology is not that important do u think Maths is important or biology?

I dont think maths is important at all "/ it sucks ahah I hate it, but bio is amazing :biggrin:.
Reply 38
Original post by Asully
Hi, I am thinking of applying to this course but wasn't aware of resits. I have achieved the grades so far to do this course but I want to retake modules for other courses. I got ABCC at the end of AS, can I still resit modules and apply to this programme?

Heyy there :smile:. Well the rule is one resit module per AS and no A2,s. You can email/call to double check :smile:.
Reply 39
Original post by Evanescencer
Hey guys. I shall be applying for the A108 course at Nottingham as post A-Level student. Do the vast majority of applicants get called to the stage interview?
At GCSE I have 8A*s 4As and 1B
A-Levels (achieved): A*ABaac
I am yet to sit my ukcat at the end of September :smile:

Heyy there :smile:. Well in my year which was the first year, 450 ishh applied and 50 got interviewed so erm yerh not the vast majority :tongue:. Did you attend " a school or college without a tradition of high academic achievement. In England, this means with an average A level performance of below 770 per candidate.*" ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending