Turn on thread page Beta

How many people under 18 are sexually active? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    Do you not think you are being a little bit naive? There is nothing wrong with it, but it is going to be a huge challenge in this current society.
    yeah i agree it is a challenge...but so are lots of things..the most worthwhile things in life are challenging...

ReputationRep:
    Do you not think you are being a little bit naive? There is nothing wrong with it, but it is going to be a huge challenge in this current society.
    and its peopel with one track minds (the track bein sex) that make it that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    think how much disease and hurt could be avoided if everyone lived acc to traditional morals!!
    We already have a mechanism for avoiding sexually transmitted disease - condoms. Safe sex is easier to implement than traditional morals. There are better ways to avoid disease, than reverting to a traditional and outdated attitude.

Society needs progress, and should not stagnate around dated view points. However, I do not advocate promiscuity.

ReputationRep:
    We already have a mechanism for avoiding sexually transmitted disease - condoms. Safe sex is easier to implement than traditional morals. There are better ways to avoid disease, than reverting to a traditional and outdated attitude.

Society needs progress, and should not stagnate around dated view points. However, I do not advocate promiscuity.

nothing is safer than not havin sex..

ReputationRep:
    nothing is safer than not havin sex..

Firstly, sex is not the main vehicle for disease.
    Secondly, you are not suggesting to not have sex.

ReputationRep:
    does sexually active with horses count?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, sex is not the main vehicle for disease.
    Secondly, you are not suggesting to not have sex.

but if everyone only every has sex with 1 person then there would be no sexually transmitted diseases!!

ReputationRep:
    but if everyone only every has sex with 1 person then there would be no sexually transmitted diseases!!
    That is a rather ignorant thing to say.

Let say Peter and Sarah are a monogomous couple. Sarah is an addict and shares needles and contracts HIV. She goes home and sleeps with Peter and gives him HIV. Neither have been unfaithful, but disease still exists.

If everybody has sex with one person, I concede that stds wouldnt spread so fast.....but this is a very unrealistic thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    I'm 22 now, but I popped my cherry when I was 15 and do regret it, although it was with someone I loved and we were together for over 3 years, so it wasn't sordid, I just wished I had waited.
    Sorry i dont understand If it was with som1 u loved y do u wish you had waited? i dnt see what els ther is to wait for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazz)
    Don't worry bout it I had it a while ago im 16 and it wasnt n e thing 2 write home about
    it stands 2 reason that teenage sex isnt nethin to write home about...they dont no wot theyre doing.....did no1 see c4 'adult at 14'?

ReputationRep:
    yeah the relationship needs to have a base...something other than sex...otherwise i don't think it would ever work...
    i truley believe that you should only ever sleep with one person in your life...and i also truley believe that my bf is 'the one' for me...
    but if you only ever slept with 1 person in your life, wouldn't you be kicking yourself if you chose the wrong person? Sure, you could spend time getting to know them but people can be deceiving and we often dont know what they're capable of.

ReputationRep:
    What other stuff have you done?

I lost it when I was 13 years and 7 months. Since the age of about 16 I think I have had sex at least once every two weeks.

How often are u doing/have you done this other stuff? What is it that is causing you to wait so long? Have u done anything with anyone at cam? Am I being too nosey?
    Well, in a word yes, you are, but I shall answer in a vague sort of way. Am not telling you exactly what I have and haven't done; it's more than kissing but less than sex, is all I'm saying. Most of it was with one guy at Cam, who I wasn't going out with, but last term we ended up together several times when we got drunk - I had kissed a couple of others before (3/4, can't remember if the 4th happened or not!) but not much else. I was contemplating starting seeing him, but then I got glandular fever, realised he probably gave it to me, and suddenly went off the idea! :rolleyes:

There are two reasons why I have "chosen" to wait. One is that I haven't really had the opportunity. The only time the chance has really arisen has been with this guy I was messing around with last term, but I didn't want to, as at the time there was no indication of there being any commitment on either of our parts. There is an idealogical element saying I should wait for the right person and all that crap, but to be honest it's wearing a bit thin now. My trouble is that I am prone to hopeless crushes which have a habit of going tits up. Enough information?!?

Ruthiepoothie - I think the idea of only staying with one person is a lovely one, and great if you find the right person, but people make mistakes and people do change.

ReputationRep:
    I have really big sexual believes, I believe in sex before marriage but I see sex as the ultimate sacrifice to make to someone you love. Its giving someone your body. Thats a big thing.

My just turned 14 mate has just had sex with a nearly 17 lad and have a dirrty weekend planned in 2 weeks, how anging? She's going to regret it, shes known him 3 weeks, they now have nothing to look forward to! Nothing to show their love for one another later, if it even last that long, which I greatly doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Let say Peter and Sarah are a monogomous couple. Sarah is an addict and shares needles and contracts HIV. She goes home and sleeps with Peter and gives him HIV. Neither have been unfaithful, but disease still exists.
    But they will be limiting the spread of the disease to between the two of them. If everyone did this, STD's would die off in a single generation, with the exception of the rarer cases when the mother transmits it to her baby during delivery. Marriage the ceremony is simply symbolic, but you can't beat being with a single person your whole life, that's what's really important.

Either than that, there's emotional confusion and such created by sex without committment. I don't think it's a good thing to have anything to compare your wife to, it's more innocent and pure if you just assume she's the best.

If everybody has sex with one person, I concede that stds wouldnt spread so fast.....but this is a very unrealistic thing.
    Might be unrealistic, but it's still the superior option IMO, so why criticize it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    I have really big sexual believes, I believe in sex before marriage but I see sex as the ultimate sacrifice to make to someone you love. Its giving someone your body. Thats a big thing.

My just turned 14 mate has just had sex with a nearly 17 lad and have a dirrty weekend planned in 2 weeks, how anging? She's going to regret it, shes known him 3 weeks, they now have nothing to look forward to! Nothing to show their love for one another later, if it even last that long, which I greatly doubt.
    awww thats not very good is it... i dotn mean to sound horrible but 1, that guy may just be using her for a bit of leg-over and 2, she might just b doin it to get with the crowd. its kinda sad i wish it wasnt like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    awww thats not very good is it... i dotn mean to sound horrible but 1, that guy may just be using her for a bit of leg-over and 2, she might just b doin it to get with the crowd. its kinda sad i wish it wasnt like this
    I know i pleaded and begged with her for 37mins trying to convince her not to have sex with him. I said he could be using her, but he seems pretty loyal so far. But a dirrty weekend, I gave her a big lecture on it, she didn't listen just showed me her purse and she has 6 condoms and said 'Clare, at least we will be safe!' I gave her a disgusted look and just walked off! 3 weeks!! It makes me sick esp. since i looked after her that night we met him, she got drunk and she told me when we were 12 that she didn't want to pop her cherry until she was at least 15, so i wouldn't let her. I bet it sound like I'm really close, its a confusing relationship i have with her, Love-Hate! (the drunken night, we went out for a meal for our friends 14th, not drinking on the streets)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    please, no lying... im genuinely interested, and people make out like everyone is at it, all the time. im 17 and it would have to be a big no for me.... my girl is a bit younger than me and dosent want to yet.... no laughin please!
    i lost my virginity when i was 16 and too be honest it was a big thing for me but afterwards i couldnt see what all the fuss was about.....it doesnt bother me that i lost it at that age probably because im still with the bloke i lost it to. What people arent getting is that just because you have had sex doesnt mean it rules your life and that it is the only thing your relationship is based on!!!!!!
    me and my boyfriend can get along fine without it for months on end but when we have sex it just makes us feel that much closer.

ReputationRep:
    i know i was very young when i had sex

though i shad a baby just after my 17 birthday best thing i every did.

but the fact is, is that if your unsure about anything then you shouldn't have sex as it was the wrong thing to do as i have sex many of times and idn't want to.

just don't do this cause it lives with you for tyhe rest of your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    i know i was very young when i had sex

though i shad a baby just after my 17 birthday best thing i every did.

but the fact is, is that if your unsure about anything then you shouldn't have sex as it was the wrong thing to do as i have sex many of times and idn't want to.

just don't do this cause it lives with you for tyhe rest of your life

why did you have sex many times if you didn't want to- couldn't you just have not done it? said no?

ReputationRep:
    why did you have sex many times if you didn't want to- couldn't you just have not done it? said no?
    a lot of people seem to be doing that... doing it when they dont really want to... its a shame, really.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.