The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
hoi oi oi! what have we here? you two masterminds are not even there yet and we have some serious scheming going on!

if there is anyone getting an irish lad it will be me (and beanie, you know how much i like the irish tongue.. as in accent btw!) :rolleyes: aaahhh not long now and this will all be real :biggrin: really can't wait :smile:

what other societies are people joining? we've got swimming, archery, sledging...
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 221
i'm joining people and planet if they have one, and all the environmental ones. i've got to join loads of university helping ones too as i want to go on a year abroad in my 3rd year and they only pick you if you'll be a good ambasador for the uni, so i need to do things like open days and helping in the library to persuade them to let me come.. :biggrin:

yossarianlives gets the first pick of the irish as its her idea, then carly can and i will supervise, hehe! hey, do you think there is a fit irish guys society we could join??
Reply 222
beanie
i know, budgeting already... we are going to make fine students, i can tell!

i'll tell you what, to make it even fairer and cheaper, i'll go purely for the talking side, and you can have everything else...

i'm joining the swimming society at edinburgh, want to come?

I will be joining the boat club, so I can take up rowing again (after foolishly giving it up as my crew fell apart due to arguments with the coach and I refused to move down to a worst crew - how stupid of me!!! I have lost so much fitness :frown:), hill-walking club (yeah, in Slovakia I was a Young Leader in the Youth Scouting - I do like mountains a lot), Russian society (if I do not take up Russian as my third option - just in order to keep using the language & not forget it completely) and that should pretty much be it...and part-time job society as well :smile:
Reply 223
the comprehensive societies list, guys-

http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/societies/list.cfm

195 of them!

the '50 things to do before you leave edinburgh' one looks fun
Reply 224
Lukas
I will be joining the boat club, so I can take up rowing again (after foolishly giving it up as my crew fell apart due to arguments with the coach and I refused to move down to a worst crew - how stupid of me!!! I have lost so much fitness :frown:), hill-walking club (yeah, in Slovakia I was a Young Leader in the Youth Scouting - I do like mountains a lot), Russian society (if I do not take up Russian as my third option - just in order to keep using the language & not forget it completely) and that should pretty much be it...and part-time job society as well :smile:

...and I forgot to put in the Ultimate Frisbee...
Argh people, I have a biology AB test tomorrow that I haven't revised for because I was doing my graphics folio. Argh, help me?!
Reply 226
Gah, I have a AH Modern studies nab tommorow (hopefully my last nab) and I've only revised half of the stuff. I'm gonna' get up early to revise though. I hope I can remember the rest by looking over my notes :redface:

*sigh* so tired...

Oh and I so want to join the '50 things to do at Edinburgh society' - Hide and Seek in Ikea - lol! Sounds great! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 227
Edinburgh uni biological\sciences 06 its gonna be ace huuuuugghhh pub crawl every1 here will come
Y'know whats really nice? Baileys and Creme de Menthe shots. You wouldn't think so, but it is. Yeah.

With reference to UniCards:

If you are a new student entering University accommodation for the first time, your card will be included as part of your Student Welcome Pack waiting for you on arrival at your halls of residence. Please check for your card as soon you collect your Welcome Pack.
Reply 229
*sigh* No discounts over the holidays then :frown: :rolleyes:
I have submitted my dissertation at last! :smile: I spent the whole of yesterday attempting to coax the location of the flyleaf for the dissertation out of my english teachers, which they assured me could be on anyone's desk but theirs; after rifling through filing cabinets, desks and scouring the SQA site for hours I had to improvise by changing 2005 to 2006 on last year's flyleaf - much to my disappointment.

Anyhow, sitting in my study preparing a presentation to deliver at Holyrood (aggghhh). Is anyone else attending this European forum lark in May? Although I dread the prospect of speaking/debating in front of MSPs and MEPs at least it means an all-expenses-paid weekend in Edinburgh :smile:
I really don't have a clue. Football and some form of Martial Arts club, maybe some other sport if I can find the time/make the commitment. I've always fancied Ultimate Frisbee. Societies relating to my subject, some sort of Film, Literature and Gaming ones and any others that I find fun or interesting. I want to do some volunteer work or campaigning too.
Reply 232
Brotherhood
I really don't have a clue. Football and some form of Martial Arts club, maybe some other sport if I can find the time/make the commitment. I've always fancied Ultimate Frisbee. Societies relating to my subject, some sort of Film, Literature and Gaming ones and any others that I find fun or interesting. I want to do some volunteer work or campaigning too.

Yeah, that's it - Ultimate Frisbee...the season in my school begins this Friday, I honestly can't wait...it's such a good&relaxing sport, I will definitely take part in the UF society (if i get the grades & will have enough time :smile:)...
Reply 233
i passed my driving test yesterday! yay! have been spevvin' ever since... it is ever so much fun!

i would like to join the ballroom dancing society, think it would be fun(ny) :smile:

thanks to whoever pos repped me :smile:
hello_its_me_
i passed my driving test yesterday! yay! have been spevvin' ever since... it is ever so much fun!

i would like to join the ballroom dancing society, think it would be fun(ny) :smile:

thanks to whoever pos repped me :smile:

Congrats, Carly.

Twas I who repped you.
Reply 235
well thank you very much, twas very kind of you :smile:

bet you are glad your dissertation is done? what a relief... now we just have to brave the exams!

what is your speech on? holyrood is something else; so unique! how did you get involved in it?
hello_its_me_
well thank you very much, twas very kind of you :smile:

bet you are glad your dissertation is done? what a relief... now we just have to brave the exams!

what is your speech on? holyrood is something else; so unique! how did you get involved in it?

Indeed, I've spent the whole morning revising William Dunbar poetry. The exam shouldn't be too difficult, I hope; especially since it doesn't carry as much weight as it did back in higher.

The speech is on the pros/cons (more of the latter) of the European Union, its direction and the like - there were four schools chosen, I think; must have got lucky. Part of our presentation has to be made in a European language, so the chances are that our head girl -who can speak Greek- will be left to deliver the entire speech.

I've been to Holyrood before. Although the building is aesthetically impressive, I think that it lacks the grandeur it could have achieved - one is not immediately struck by its appearance (and it needs a proper entrance!).
Reply 237
the_despoiler- that all sounds really cool, i've done something similar but at westminster, its fun! i'm supposed to be writing my speech to give at a London Universities conference on climate change next Thursday, but its really not happening as I can't get into writing it! is it just part of your school then? like, your school was chosen out of all the country??

well done on your driving carly! you should take your car to edinburgh then you can get a part time job as my taxi driver :p:

i'm planning on joining the dirty weekenders society, basically you all meet up at the weekend and go and do random conservation work somewhere in edinburgh, it looks well good and i need to keep 'outside' while i'm there as i'll miss working otherwise!
My friend, Adam, wants to join the Dirty Weekenders thing. He's really into all that eco stuff. heh.
Reply 239
thanks for the pos rep kay, much appreciated :smile:

i did one weeks work experience in the scottish parliament, it was awesome! i would love to work there, but only because it is pretty! :p:

aaahh long weekend ahead of us... how fantastic! i have also counted- there are six days of school left (three next week and three the week after). but, one of them is the sixth year beach day and the other sixth year muck up day! yipeee! :biggrin:

although, it does mean that exams are VERY soon...

i totally agree with you the_despoiler; these exams do not seem to be stressing me at all! it's so great!

beanie- thanks for the congrats :smile:

we play frisbee at school in break time, its quite fun although it does get a little bugging when the wind catches the frisbee and it lands miles away from its intended destination. :mad: :p:

how long is it now until we find out where we are living? i am sure they said june sometime? i am so desperate to know! whenever anyone finds out you must tell us all here straight away! is there any facility like track where you can see how well your accomodation application is coming along, or one that tells you ..."darroch is full.... sciennes is full.... pollock halls are full..." etc? i think they get that with glasgow uni. oooh its so exciting!

Latest

Trending

Trending