Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I bought the most amazing shoes.. brogues :biggrin:
Black and White *acts cool*
Ohhhh yeahhh :wink:

I'm bored :frown:
Eloise_is_ace
Hey!
I am wanting to change my e-mail address. Do I need to inform Edinburgh University at all? Will we hear about accommodation via a letter or e-mail?

I would really advise you to inform Edinburgh if you change your email address as they will most probably send you any info by both email AND post and the former is obviously much faster and more efficient. save yourself the worrying and msg them bout it. :smile:
According to someone on the eusa.ac.ed.ac/forum, who phoned accom, they are emailing out a link to accept/decline offers this year, so I would tell them about a change of address.

They "hope" to get offers out this/next week, so you could maybe wait or something? heh.
Reply 884
www.hss.ed.ac.uk/undergraduate

that is a link to nearly all reading lists for 2006/2007 session.

they say don't buy books until you are there though, but that will give you a rough guide anyway. :smile:

wow, so i will find out about accomodation via email???? which really means that the offer could arrive at any time of day... with the post its obvious you get it in the morning, but email can be any time, really.

has anyone recieved their registration pack yet? i dont mean the joining pack, as they are two different things. its just, i would like to know ive got the ball rolling a bit...
I've not had my registration pack yet. I got the letter saying 'how to register and matriculate', but that was it. :/

And oo, good like Carly! XD
What is the joining pack? Have I already had it?

Oh life is hard.
Reply 887
the joining pack contains the "how to matriculate" stuff but it doesnt give you forms to fill in and send back or anything, where as the registration pack contains forms and when you reply you have to send ocnfiramtion of who is paying your fees- i think!

And oo, good like Carly! XD

what did i do???? :redface:
Right yeah.. my brains just a bit slow today... and every day.

And I meant "good link" for that HSS freshers thing. :biggrin:
Reply 889
Hey sign me up for this! Big Edinburgh banter time :biggrin:

Just got my course pack thingy through yesterday...not as exciting as id hoped but im sure itll see me through a couple of days :cool:
Reply 890
click on socs at the top of the page, then go to edinburgh students society and then click join this soc and bob's-your-uncle!

tell me what you are studying as well so i know what to add to my first post :smile:
Good morning, what are the results looking like?
I will receive mine this Tuesday. I'm glad that there's no pressure to pass anything this year, which is refreshing in hindsight.

I've just been to watch Roddy Woomble, from Idlewild, play live in Findhorn to promote his new album; sheer brilliance :smile:

... I do wish that the accomm services would correspond with us a little more...
Reply 892
wat?!?! people have their how to matriculate packs and stuff??
i dont have any of those stuff yet..:frown:

i jus had my second hep B jab..ouuuch. meh
The_Despoiler
Good morning, what are the results looking like?
I will receive mine this Tuesday. I'm glad that there's no pressure to pass anything this year, which is refreshing in hindsight.

I've just been to watch Roddy Woomble, from Idlewild, play live in Findhorn to promote his new album; sheer brilliance :smile:

... I do wish that the accomm services would correspond with us a little more...

So he's putting out a solo album? I saw Idlewild at the Carling in Liverpool last year, and they were great, though their latest album is a bit too indie for me, I like their rockier stuff.
Reply 894
hello_its_me_
click on socs at the top of the page, then go to edinburgh students society and then click join this soc and bob's-your-uncle!

tell me what you are studying as well so i know what to add to my first post :smile:

Coolio, taking Chemistry next year :biggrin:
Hey all, gosh I really should have joined this Soc a bit earlier!

Anyway, have a quick question. When I was in Russia my mum sent me my Edinburgh mail, including the details of how to sign into the myed portal. I signed in while in Russia, and then I was really clever and left the piece of paper with the details on it in St Petersburg. So I'm currently unable to log into it (aren't the student email addresses they gave us SO weird and tricky to remember!?)

I've been browsing the edinburgh site but can't find anything to write to and ask for the username/code. Does anyone here know who to ask?

Thanks!

ETA: Good luck all who are waiting for results (or accomodation replies, like me!)
Reply 896
i have accepted you both into the soc :smile:

eloise has done the xact same thing in that she lost her password and username. she emailed the uni but they still havent got back to her. (surprise, surprise)

[email protected]

i just logged into my account and that is the email address you should use to ask for your username. it is an address specifically set up for those who forget their username.

hope that helps :smile:
No! Don't e-mail them! They e-mailed me back saying that it wasn't them i had to e-mail but you had to e-mail THESE people:

[email protected]

I've finally got my username!
Wow there are quite a few people from Aberdeen on here. I'm from Inverurie :smile:
Reply 898
So there is! Im from just outside Aberdeen, Drumoak to be precise :p:
Whoa there! People have received their how-to-matirculate packs and stuff? My God I havent had a single mail from Edinburgh since they made their offer. Gah, hope I wont be screwed for this later.

Latest

Trending

Trending