Unlocking mobile phone!!!!!! Watch

emmz23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm going on holiday in a few months time and i will need to be able to use my mobile phone overseas therefore will need to use a differrent SIMCARD that i can use in that country. The thing is, is that my mobile phone is locked to the O2 network and i don't really want to use the O2 charges for overseas calls, texts etc as it would cost so much credit!!! Does anyone know any unlocking codes i could use to try to unlock my phone?? I don't really want to go to a mobile phone shop to have it unlocked because i think that it would cost a lot of money. Or is there any type of software i need or something to enable me to unlock it? Has anyone had their phone unlocked- if so wat does it envolve? :confused:
My mobile phone is a Sony Ericsson Z520i.
xavier2k3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go to a high street shop, it wont cost more than £20. If you want to do it yourself, you need to get a cruiser cable off ebay and then locate the cruiser software. IMO, it's best that you go to a shop and get it done for a SE phone anyway.

regards
--marty
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go to small phone shops, they always do things cheaper. Should cost you around £5-10. Don't go to the big stores, they'll charge you double or triple for the same service
rahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you live in SW london you can get it done for a fiver!
rahmed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The easiest way to unlock your phone is use a site like Trycktill, Unlockme or Unlock Nokiafree. These offer completely free unlocking for most Nokia phones and some other manufacturers.
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh, rahmed's correct but you don't want any random person knowing your imei number.

regards
--marty
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rolleyes:

firstly, sony ericsson's generally cannot be unlocked remotely, so it puts all your suggestions out of the question. secondly, using trycktill or other online unlocking calculators will more often than not produce incorrect unlocking codes, and will eventually lead to your phone being hardlocked.

and please stop signing your posts.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)

firstly, sony ericsson's generally cannot be unlocked remotely, so it puts all your suggestions out of the question. secondly, using trycktill or other online unlocking calculators will more often than not produce incorrect unlocking codes, and will eventually lead to your phone being hardlocked.

Precisely.
rahmed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)

Sorry! I was only trying to help. :p:
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're best off getting it done at some small phone shop. It cost me £10 to get my phone unlocked. Also, since the phone is a recent model, they should be able to do it without a problem.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
going to a local market would be the best bet, actually.
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cant believe so many people rip otehrs off by charging to unlock phones....i used to work in a phone shop and all you need is a piece of software to do it. it costs nothing.
emmz23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thankx 4 all ur suggestions! i guess i will ave 2 go 2 a small mobile phone shop and try 2 get my phone unlocked there.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by iceman_jondoe)
cant believe so many people rip otehrs off by charging to unlock phones....i used to work in a phone shop and all you need is a piece of software to do it. it costs nothing.
1) software can't unlock SE's generally.
2) phone shops don't usually unlock phones remotely
3) phone shops don't usually even unlock phones.
yoyo12345
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by iceman_jondoe)
hey

i work in a phone shop, and it isnt "free" to unlock phones, the equipment these days is very expensive, ranging from £200, and 1 peice of software actually cost £1500, hence you do need to charge people to unlock phones. i dont know where you worked but some phones need to be ripped down to the motherboard to unlock them, and takes alot of time and very risky, i dont think people will be willing to unlock these kind of phones for free.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise