This discussion is closed.
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I've got a job interview coming up but if I get the job I don't know whether to take it. I don't want to be doing it forever and it's not great money, but I haven't found any other jobs that I want either (and it's not for lack of trying!). If I get it should I take it?
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
I've got a job interview coming up but if I get the job I don't know whether to take it. I don't want to be doing it forever and it's not great money, but I haven't found any other jobs that I want either (and it's not for lack of trying!). If I get it should I take it?
You don't have to do it forever. Take it and then keep looking for something better. Remember, it's always easier to find a job when you have a job.
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
You don't have to do it forever. Take it and then keep looking for something better. Remember, it's always easier to find a job when you have a job.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
crap job, definatly... you get money then! and at the end you can tell your boss to stick it up his ass!
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am in the same boat, but am not going to take a job I don't want until I finish uni in 2 months, then I will have to as I will have bills to pay!!!!! it's a case of necessity, but if it isn't a job I want, i will find one I do ASAP. I don't plan to have a job i don't like for long!!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice, I probably won't get the stupid job anyway, but if I do I think I'll take it - but only till I find a better one/win the lottery.
Cheers!
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
Thanks for the advice, I probably won't get the stupid job anyway, but if I do I think I'll take it - but only till I find a better one/win the lottery.
Cheers!

sigh (dreaming)) winning the lottery)))))
Amb1
Rep:
?
(Original post by shazza)
sigh (dreaming)) winning the lottery)))))
Mmmmmm, money....
Annika17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'd get the job. Even if you don't want to be doing it forever, at least its something to do while you look for something else. And it pays.
wiseman
Report 17 years ago
If you need help getting a much better job, there is an excellent company which provides interview coaching and has been of real great help for many of my friends. THey can also negotiate fees in accordance to your financial situation, which you can;t find anywhere else!
Have a look at www.cvperfection.co.uk
Rikku
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by two_headed_monk)
crap job, definatly... you get money then! and at the end you can tell your boss to stick it up his ass!
My talk
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
get the job then you'll have cash to buy lottery tickets, buy a few hundred and then ur sorted.
crana
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
and teh more jobs you have done, crap or not, the better your chances of getting a better job

having said that if you are just going to be working in a particularly crap job, and its all you can get, consider doing an evening course or voluntary work or something as well, to better your chances of getting a better job

rosie
Agro
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by wiseman)
If you need help getting a much better job, there is an excellent company which provides interview coaching and has been of real great help for many of my friends. THey can also negotiate fees in accordance to your financial situation, which you can;t find anywhere else!
Have a look at www.cvperfection.co.uk
Attached files
daz4000
Report 17 years ago
i need a job in dover kent but none going
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (12)
11.88%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (64)
63.37%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
13.86%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
8.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
1.98%

Watched Threads