Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a job interview coming up but if I get the job I don't know whether to take it. I don't want to be doing it forever and it's not great money, but I haven't found any other jobs that I want either (and it's not for lack of trying!). If I get it should I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I've got a job interview coming up but if I get the job I don't know whether to take it. I don't want to be doing it forever and it's not great money, but I haven't found any other jobs that I want either (and it's not for lack of trying!). If I get it should I take it?
    You don't have to do it forever. Take it and then keep looking for something better. Remember, it's always easier to find a job when you have a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    You don't have to do it forever. Take it and then keep looking for something better. Remember, it's always easier to find a job when you have a job.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!

ReputationRep:
    crap job, definatly... you get money then! and at the end you can tell your boss to stick it up his ass!

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same boat, but am not going to take a job I don't want until I finish uni in 2 months, then I will have to as I will have bills to pay!!!!! it's a case of necessity, but if it isn't a job I want, i will find one I do ASAP. I don't plan to have a job i don't like for long!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I probably won't get the stupid job anyway, but if I do I think I'll take it - but only till I find a better one/win the lottery.
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Thanks for the advice, I probably won't get the stupid job anyway, but if I do I think I'll take it - but only till I find a better one/win the lottery.
    Cheers!

sigh (dreaming)) winning the lottery)))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    sigh (dreaming)) winning the lottery)))))
    Mmmmmm, money....

ReputationRep:
    I'd get the job. Even if you don't want to be doing it forever, at least its something to do while you look for something else. And it pays.

ReputationRep:
    If you need help getting a much better job, there is an excellent company which provides interview coaching and has been of real great help for many of my friends. THey can also negotiate fees in accordance to your financial situation, which you can;t find anywhere else!
    Have a look at www.cvperfection.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    crap job, definatly... you get money then! and at the end you can tell your boss to stick it up his ass!
    My talk

ReputationRep:
    get the job then you'll have cash to buy lottery tickets, buy a few hundred and then ur sorted.

and teh more jobs you have done, crap or not, the better your chances of getting a better job

having said that if you are just going to be working in a particularly crap job, and its all you can get, consider doing an evening course or voluntary work or something as well, to better your chances of getting a better job

rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiseman)
    If you need help getting a much better job, there is an excellent company which provides interview coaching and has been of real great help for many of my friends. THey can also negotiate fees in accordance to your financial situation, which you can;t find anywhere else!
    Have a look at www.cvperfection.co.uk
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i need a job in dover kent but none going

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.