The Student Room Group

Is it bad to not want my future children to be Ginger?

I don't necessarily have any hatred for Strawberry Blondes but, I do not find the ginger look desirable. I'm also aware that Ginger children get teased a lot of the time and even wish they were not Ginger themselves.

Edit: Having a preference over my future child's appearance is no different to anybody having a preference over the appearance of a future partner.

No different to having a preference over the name of your child, And not wanting to call your child a certain name. Suggesting I must hate ginger people is as silly as saying I hate all people named Tarquin or Humphrey... simply because I would never call my children those names, and do not find them to be nice, good names.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Not really. Even Sperm banks often turn away ginger donors.
I'm sure if you actually ended up with a ginger child, you'd find you wouldn't care.
Reply 3
Original post by Miracle Day
Not really. Even Sperm banks often turn away ginger donors.

the ginger gene often skips a generation though. That is why some ginger parents don't have ginger kids and why some non-gingers have ginger kids.

Friend of mine was ginger and he would pull loads of hot girls though. It really isn't that bad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I honestly think ginger hair looks really nice :smile:

Guys with ginger hair are hot :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
My nephew's first word ... taught him earnestly by his Mummy ... and said in response to the question "what colour is your hair"

AUBURN
Reply 6
The first question that needs to be asked is, does anyone in your family, or even yourself, actually have ginger hair?

If not stop trolling.
Reply 7
SE1
OP
Original post by brendonbackflip
I'm sure if you actually ended up with a ginger child, you'd find you wouldn't care.

Maybe so, but for the child's sake I would not want it. Nobody i know would wish to be Ginger...
Reply 8
They'll thank you for it.
But ginger hair is sexy!
I totally agree No-one truely wants a ginger baby. No matter what your kids look like - they will always be beautiful to you no matter what anyone else thinks. But when I was younger my hair was really auburn and whilst i was pregnant i worried constantly my son would be ginger. Fortunatly he's blonde dunno how it happened as his daddy's italian and has dark hair.
I can totally understand where you are coming from but we can't help who we fall in love with, and no scans can show the Ginger Gene yet!
Ginger women :sexface:
I actually find ginger guys really attractive! I've never understood why people have such issues with them :smile:

My mum did say that she would have abandoned me if I had been ginger....

She never would have known that 18 years later her brunette- headed daughter would purposefully dye her hair bright ginger.

Hahahahahaha.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by G8D
I'm with you OP. Mainly for my child's sake (have you seen how ugly ginger people are[especially children]?) but also in a selfish way. I want beautiful children :frown:

you and lella will make marvellous babies xx
Reply 14
I'm ginger :frown:
Well, sometimes it looks brown, but it's ginger in the sun.

Nobody in my family is ginger. I'M THE WEIRDO!
If that's your biggest concern about your future child then I feel sorry for you.
Reply 16
Original post by SirMasterKey
But ginger hair is sexy!

Agreed?! My best friend is ginger and she's gorgeous! You can't just assume that all people with such coloured hair will be ugly - it's a hair colour not a way of life! :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by G8D
I don't doubt that.

cam whore when they're out x
Reply 18
Some people (e.g. me) find ginger hair very attractive, you know.
Reply 19
Original post by G8D
Tinychat from the delivery room. Dignified angle, though.

I wouldnt miss it for the world

Quick Reply

Latest