Turn on thread page Beta

Everyone going into their 2nd year at uni in September... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, have we all sorted out where we're going to be living next year yet? I signed my tenancy agreement this morning, so i'm very excited
    Sorry about posting twice, my net connection sucks and it won't let me delete it

ReputationRep:
    I signed mine weeks ago and sent the deposit, im in a really nice house but its a bus ride from uni so means no getting up at 8.55 for 9am start....better still stay in bed

ReputationRep:
    You guys all seem so organised - Im not even sure who im going to be living with yet, let alone where i'm going to live. Not many people have really thought about it as essex yet as the uni accreditted housing lists dont come out until may.

ReputationRep:
    our uni's housing list comes out next week, but the local agencies have already been releasing theirs, so the uni organised stuff is really the last chance.

Our house is about a 25 min bus ride away, so i'm hoping i don't have many 9am lectures, cos i so dont think i'll be there for them!

ReputationRep:
    People went crazy coming back after Xmas - everyone I know in the first year has their housing sorted already!

What are arrangements over the summer in different places? Here in Cardiff it is typical to pay half rent for July and August, but my sis says in Exeter the tennacy agreements all start in September so you don't pay anything for the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a really nice house but haven't signed any contracts yet.

Tenancy starts 1st september and finishes on 30th June. It's a bus ride of 15 minutes from uni, and in a really nice area. Have lots of friends around there too.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm going to be living in the Colony, and as I'm not going for group accommodation our ballot isn't till next term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for somewhere in South-West London to share with 3 friends... Vauxhall/Stockwell area I think.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.