Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just wondering when / if they give them out..I'll be reading Law. Is it compulsary? ny additional info would be spectacular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drmoney89)
    just wondering when / if they give them out..I'll be reading Law. Is it compulsary? ny additional info would be spectacular.
    Yes, I have the same question, will be reading Politics and German, any information about the reading list for this course, etc. will be warmly welcomed!!! Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I think we get them when we matriculate.

ReputationRep:
    Lol can tell your not true students yet, still got enthusiasm! To be fair this might be the only time you have the motivation and lack of distractions to do reading, but in all honesty I have no idea where you'll find them and doubt many current students could tell you! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm not a student at Edinburgh (i'm a Glasgow girl :p:) but reading lists & course & module information and whatnot is often available on departmental websites (quite often in .pdf files) although you might have to dig around a bit to find them. At least, this is the case for Glasgow University, where i've found the reading lists for the three subjects i'm going to be taking in my first year. This might not be true for Edinburgh, but it's worth a look
    I've already bought one of the texts for my french course because i'm a geek and I wanted to get a bit of a head start - although fingerscrossed the reading list doesn't drastically change! It'd be good if the Uni's sent you your reading lists quite a bit in advance so you could gather up your books gradually, save you having to spend a lot of money all at once.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is also true for Edinburgh.

Each subject has its own website so when you find that then the reading list should be easy to locate. For example, the website for English Literature is www.englit.ed.ac.uk and thats where the reading list for that subject can be found.

Although it is the list for the current students and it is possible that they could change before we start!!

ReputationRep:
    Do they send out reading lists? I wouldn't mind getting a head start on my reading for history over the summer...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they didn't publish the final lists till September last year, which would give us a whole weeks head start if they did the same this year! Hope they get their act together quicker this time though, cos I wanna make a start seen as they'll be 3 months over summner which I could put to use getting familiar with the texts.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't find anything relating to reading on www.architecture.ed.ac.uk so hopefully I won't have much reading.... (*naive*)

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy with the English Literature reading list if it remains more or less the same. I've read eight of the books on it and studied five of them already.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.