Turn on thread page Beta

do u think Euthanasia in animals is right?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yesterday my aunt had her dog put to sleep, she was 11, she had started to lose her back legs, and up until yesterday i would have said it was wrong putting her to sleep, but because i have seen her suffering it has changed my mind considerably,is there any1 else that agrees with me saying if an animal suffers it should be put out of its misery??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    yesterday my aunt had her dog put to sleep, she was 11, she had started to lose her back legs, and up until yesterday i would have said it was wrong putting her to sleep, but because i have seen her suffering it has changed my mind considerably,is there any1 else that agrees with me saying if an animal suffers it should be put out of its misery??
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It should. And I wouldn't hesitate to extend the same principle to humans.

ReputationRep:
    im sure euthanasia is wen u chose to die yourself... dot see how, for example, a dog can tell its owner it wants to die...

i do think tho that if they r in pain its best to put them to sleep. im sure the animal wud rasther die peacefully with its owner there, than in terrable pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Yes. It should. And I wouldn't hesitate to extend the same principle to humans.
    in sum counties u can, i think this should be a more widely available option for human because we can coose weather we do or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    im sure euthanasia is wen u chose to die yourself... dot see how, for example, a dog can tell its owner it wants to die...

i do think tho that if they r in pain its best to put them to sleep. im sure the animal wud rasther die peacefully with its owner there, than in terrable pain
    ps not intended for offence just pointing somethin out

ReputationRep:
    in sum counties u can, i think this should be a more widely available option for human because we can coose weather we do or not
    I think you can in the Netherlands.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very hard issue.
    I think that yes, if the animal is going to physically suffer, it should be put down.
    But, i think its hard to try and use the same justification for humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Its a very hard issue.
    I think that yes, if the animal is going to physically suffer, it should be put down.
    I should have thought it would be easier to justify for humans as they can (normally) make that choice for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very hard issue.
    for example if they r paralysed or have motor nurone disease eating away at them, this would give them the right to choose i feel

ReputationRep:
    I should have thought it would be easier to justify for humans as they can (normally) make that choice for themselves.
    I know that. But thats also why its harder. Someone could feel really bad and just want to die one day, and the next feel perfectly fine with everything, and feel fine the rest of their lives. People are more volatile than animals.

ReputationRep:
    I know that. But thats also why its harder. Someone could feel really bad and just want to die one day, and the next feel perfectly fine with everything, and feel fine the rest of their lives. People are more volatile than animals.
    Well, I think we're talking at cross purposes. I was thinking more about someone suffering horribly from terminal cancer who made a rational decision that they wanted to throw the towel in a year early, and not someone who happens to be feeling a bit "down in the dumps" on a Monday morning.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think we're talking at cross purposes. I was thinking more about someone suffering horribly from terminal cancer who made a rational decision that they wanted to throw the towel in a year early, and not someone who happens to be feeling a bit "down in the dumps" on a Monday morning.
    I know that. But thats the issue. Where do you draw the line?
    What diseases or disabilities are sufficiently bad to be something where Euthanasia is acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    What diseases or disabilities are sufficiently bad to be something where Euthanasia is acceptable?
    I think that would be a matter for the medical profession, research groups, and actual sufferers support groups to decide, and press government accordingly.

There'd surely be some gray areas but I've no doubt that anybody in the final stages of cancer for example ought to be able to "qualify"

ReputationRep:
    life threatening 1s, such as cancer or aids, just so u dont have to suffer

ReputationRep:
    life threatening 1s, such as cancer or aids, just so u dont have to suffer
    Glitter, have you had a look in your CP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Glitter, have you had a look in your CP?
    i checked it the other day, thanx hun, u dont wanna do it again do u? (jk)

ReputationRep:
    i checked it the other day, thanx hun, u dont wanna do it again do u? (jk)
    Yes sure, can't give it until tomorrow though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Yes sure, can't give it until tomorrow though.
    have u got as much as u can get??

ReputationRep:
    have u got as much as u can get??
    :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.