The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ruthiepoothie
This is lumpy's brill idea!!

What does anyone think about age differences in relationships..particularly if the woman is older than the man...

Comments please :smile: ......

Older, "more experienced" women?.........great :biggrin:
ruthiepoothie
This is lumpy's brill idea!!

What does anyone think about age differences in relationships..particularly if the woman is older than the man...

Comments please :smile: ......

lol thanks

well im nearly 2 years older than my boyfriend, and for the whole 8 months wev been together wev had nothin but abuse!!!

Everyone in our school think it is wrong that we r together.

glitter - do u and dizzzzy still think its wrong that me and him r together? (dont worry, what happened last time wont happen again, wer mature now hehe)
It depends on the relative age difference, and the type of people they are.
yay! piginapoke and howard! finally 2 people who agree with me its ok for me to be older than my boyfriend!!!!
just wondered cos there are 2 school years between my bf and me...atm he is 18 and i am 19, his birthday is in dec and mine in july so after my bday i will be 20 and he will be 18...we used to get so much stick and bullying at school because of it....but it would have been fine if it was the other way round.. :confused:
Reply 6
Iluvatar
It depends on the relative age difference, and the type of people they are.

I'd agree with that. Depends where you are in life. A 22 year old women with a 16 year old boyfriend? Nah. But a 35 year old women with a 29 year old husband/boyfriend? Not really such a difference at that age.
ruthiepoothie
just wondered cos there are 2 school years between my bf and me...atm he is 18 and i am 19, his birthday is in dec and mine in july so after my bday i will be 20 and he will be 18...we used to get so much stick and bullying at school because of it....but it would have been fine if it was the other way round.. :confused:
i no EXACTLY how u feel. im 17 18 in june, and ma bf is 15, 16 next week. he is mature for his age tho and we r in love. everyone else just think its wrong because of a year and 9 mnths between us :frown:
but why is it that it is not so much of an issue when it is the man who is older :confused:
Reply 9
piginapoke
Oh yeah and women generally seem to go for older men as men are often more immature than women of the same age (emotionally) and older men usually offer security and financial stability.

So what's your oldest then?
piginapoke
If you ever want to try an older man... :biggrin:
lol il remember the offwer lol
Reply 11
piginapoke
If you ever want to try an older man... :biggrin:

Perv :wink:
Reply 12
Michael Douglas is 59 and Catherine Zeta Jones is 34 - 25 years difference. Thoughts on that?!
ruthiepoothie
but why is it that it is not so much of an issue when it is the man who is older :confused:
its the 'norm' and if someone doesnt follow the 'norm' like me and my bf we have to put up with abuse, and bullyin from people.

even my own friends think it is worng!

i remember a while back me, glitter and dizzzzy were in an arguement where they were tellin me its wrong for us to be together. however glitter apologised and said she will not tell me what she thinks about the issue again. at least one person as the decency to relaise we have our lifes and get on with it, no matter what their personal opinion is!
Gimp
Michael Douglas is 59 and Catherine Zeta Jones is 34 - 25 years difference. Thoughts on that?!

She's a gold digger.
lumpycustard
i no EXACTLY how u feel. im 17 18 in june, and ma bf is 15, 16 next week. he is mature for his age tho and we r in love. everyone else just think its wrong because of a year and 9 mnths between us :frown:

it does get easier as you get older though and the longer you are together, the more people accept it :smile:
particularly when other people start going out with people of different ages :smile:

i was in yr 11 and he was in yr 9

is that the same age difference as u?

so when i was in yr 13 he was in yr 11??
Reply 16
Iluvatar
She's a gold digger.

Don't really think she's short of a bob or two.

Age difference is only a big thing when you're young I think.
Gimp
Don't really think she's short of a bob or two.

Age difference is only a big thing when you're young I think.

Yeah, but people with alot always want alot more.
Iluvatar
She's a gold digger.

But she finds him bearable, so it's more than that! :smile:
Reply 19
lumpycustard

glitter - do u and dizzzzy still think its wrong that me and him r together? (dont worry, what happened last time wont happen again, wer mature now hehe)
yes

Latest

Trending

Trending