The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im not brown
That's an amazing generalisation there, but on the whole, it is unusual to find a black person into say, heavy metal - this is of course is only based on the black people i've met. Perhaps this is because there aren't black people in rock bands... I mean there's only really Lenny Kravitz and Jimmy Hendrix.
Reply 3
Zapsta
In general every single brown person only likes R'n'B and hip-hop, or 'urban' music. Why is this? Do they just feel obliged to?

Maybe it has something to do with the way they are brought up. Culture.
Its like saying all white people listen to pop music. Its a culture thing. Generally, alot of families may come from Jamaica or whatever, and so they have their own style of music.

By brown, do you mean mixed race, asian or black? :confused:
Reply 4
excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!!! i like trance n dance n house i'll think u'll find!!!!!
Reply 5
babyboo
excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!!! i like trance n dance n house i'll think u'll find!!!!!

i am also adore the streets, coldplay TRAVIS ash the athlete need i go on!!!!!! also seem to have a strange obsession with shitney spears new song! cant stop listening to it!
Reply 6
Erm...my friend tammy, said shes BLACK NOT BROWN...
Reply 7
kita
Erm...my friend tammy, said shes BLACK NOT BROWN...
u go girl!!!!!!!
Reply 8
Zapsta
In general every single brown person only likes R'n'B and hip-hop, or 'urban' music. Why is this? Do they just feel obliged to?

and thats crap.

Anureet likes pop. and shes brown.
Reply 9
'Brown People' is quite offensive.
Zapsta

Oh come on, get serious. What world do you live in? I am 'brown' and ALSO enjoy music other than RnB. Actually, I dont particularly like hip hop. I would also suggest that there are many other 'exceptions' to your theory - making it implausible.
Reply 11
Annika17

Although, very polite. :confused:
Do you mean people who have come back from holiday recently?

Those of afro-caribbean descent? Mixed-race?

Try to be specific - it avoids confusion and possible offence. :smile:
Reply 13
Mentally Ill
Oh come on, get serious. What world do you live in? I am 'brown' and ALSO enjoy music other than RnB. Actually, I dont particularly like hip hop. I would also suggest that there are many other 'exceptions' to your theory - making it implausible.

UH HUH I AGREE!
Reply 14
Fair enough annika, you may find term "BROWN" offensive, but i dont think thats your place to comment. By brown people, i would class them as asian, indian etc...and black that would be something completely different... I cant quite see how you would find the term offensive..seeing as you are of mixed origin.

*posted by Kitas friend ANUREET- Asian...brown..indian...whatever you wish to categorise me as... :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Annika17

Hows it any more offensive than white people. Not all "white people" have the same origins.
Reply 16
kita
Fair enough annika, you may find term "BROWN" offensive, but i dont think thats your place to comment. By brown people, i would class them as asian, indian etc...and black that would be something completely different... I cant quite see how you would find the term offensive..seeing as you are of mixed origin.

*posted by Kitas friend ANUREET- Asian...brown..indian...whatever you wish to categorise me as... :rolleyes:

I think you may have misunderstood. I said that 'Brown People' was quite offensive. I didn't say that I was offended by it. I just said it was offensive term, which may offend somebody somewhere whether they are black, white, asian, mixed race or whatever.
Reply 17
viviki
Hows it any more offensive than white people. Not all "white people" have the same origins.

*kitas friend anureet*
"white people" categorised ethnic minorities first....
Reply 18
kita
*kitas friend anureet*
"white people" categorised ethnic minorities first....

thats rubbish.
Reply 19
Annika17
I think you may have misunderstood. I said that 'Brown People' was quite offensive. I didn't say that I was offended by it. I just said it was offensive term, which may offend somebody somewhere whether they are black, white, asian, mixed race or whatever.

*Anureet*

By calling someone "BROWN", i would class them as someone asian, or somewhat similar...what would you class as brown?

And another point...What would you say the difference is between "Black" and "Blick"?

Do YOU find the term BROWN offensive?

Latest

Trending

Trending