Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Why do brown people (apart from Depul) only like R'n'B and hip-hop? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Do you like Kanye West?
    I love Kanye West. Saw him live at The Forum a few weeks ago - he was absolutely out of this world - killer performer and did just about every awesome track you can think of. He's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Donell Jones is wicked.
    Agreed. I listened to his "Where I Wanna Be" album so much it broke I've got "Life Goes On" and another one I can't think of as well as his voice is addictive. I also love Brian McKnight, 112, Jagged Edge, pretty much anything R&B.

I do also like rap/hip hop though; Fabolous, Kanye West, Twista, Young Gunz, you name it.

I'm a music freak when it comes to this stuff Oh, and to whoever started the thread, I'm white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Agreed. I listened to his "Where I Wanna Be" album so much it broke I've got "Life Goes On" and another one I can't think of as well as his voice is addictive. I also love Brian McKnight, 112, Jagged Edge, pretty much anything R&B.

I do also like rap/hip hop though; Fabolous, Kanye West, Twista, Young Gunz, you name it.

I'm a music freak when it comes to this stuff Oh, and to whoever started the thread, I'm white
    Mate i'm the same. I love music. My mate went to see Kanye West and she recently got into Jay Z's after show party. I was gutted.

I still pray for Foxy brown and Lil' Kim to cut the beef and work together. That would be so hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Mate i'm the same. I love music. My mate went to see Kanye West and she recently got into Jay Z's after show party. I was gutted.

I still pray for Foxy brown and Lil' Kim to cut the beef and work together. That would be so hot.
    Ah, that'd be amazing. As would Jay-Z's after show party *jealous*... I went to the Urban Music Festival in Earl's Court last month and him and Beyonce totally blew the place up, it was incredible!

Any particular tracks you're liking at the moment? I'm really feeling "Overnight Celebrity" by Twista and Kanye West and "Southside" by Lloyd and Ashanti if anyone's heard them..

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that'd be amazing. As would Jay-Z's after show party *jealous*... I went to the Urban Music Festival in Earl's Court last month and him and Beyonce totally blew the place up, it was incredible!

Any particular tracks you're liking at the moment? I'm really feeling "Overnight Celebrity" by Twista and Kanye West and "Southside" by Lloyd and Ashanti if anyone's heard them..
    I aint heard that track from ashanti. I love her shes great. I love Mary J Blige i'm gonna see her on the 15th for her love and life tour. Twista is cool i like his tribute to Left eye and Aaliyah. Man i miss them.

I also like Angie Martinex and Foxy Brown. They have an album due. Also wheres tweet and Ms Jade gon? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Brian McKnight, 112, Jagged Edge, pretty much anything R&B

Good taste, all those artists are on my playlist. Gotta say soul/R&B is alot better than rap now i think. I used to listen to rap although it is still very good artist like 112, brian mcknight, jagged edge and joe have tilted it over to soul/r&b for me

ReputationRep:
    I've been listening to lots of old-ish rap recently (eg. stuff from Dre's 2001, Ice Cube's War & Peace).

Brian McKnight - only heard the song he did with Mariah, "Whenever You Call". Quality track.

ReputationRep:
    dre - 2001

^is the best produced album ever made in my opinion. since im a producer, i always make sure the beats are good and every single beat on that album is incredible. that album sort of influenced me to start producing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.