Turn on thread page Beta

Driving watch

• View Poll Results: Have you passed your test and do you have a car?
    Yes but no car
    18.18%
    Yes and have a car (please specify type)
    40.26%
    No and no car
    28.57%
    No but have a car (please specify type)
    12.99%

ReputationRep:
    I am taking my driving test soon :eek: . Just wondered how many people have passed there test and if they have a car or not. If you have a car, what type was your first car?

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a Saab 9000 CSE lol ... Don't ask, anyway I passed first time, just be careful and remember everything you've learnt. The examiner was quite nice, but be careful...Apparently the instructor tips off the examiner before you go out about how good you are (that's from an ex instructor) :P

ReputationRep:
    I haven't past but when I do I get my mum's car until I go to uni, when we'll sell it on. Unless of course I don't pass before uni. It's a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI. Y reg.

ReputationRep:
    I have passed but dont have my own car. I am insured on my mums which is a peugeot 206 and I am allowed to drive it whenever she doesnt need it. Works out quite well for me as it's not costing me anything I wont need a car at uni so theres no point me buying one!

ReputationRep:
    Ive passed and have a shiney blue VW Polo

ReputationRep:
    I have a Vauxhall Corsa. My first car was a Volvo 340 1.7, rear wheel drive fun.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Corsa when I passed my test. It was hotted up. In Australia, a Corsa is called a Barina and its a chicks car. hehe

Now I have a Civic. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I've passed and have a Citroen Saxo SX :p: Needs a bit of work doing, but it's great for a first car (once I got used to having no power steering!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Passed my test, and I sort of have a car. I have insurance on, and use my mums car. So don't really have my own car as such..but get to drive it all the same! Its a vauxhall astra by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Passed with no minors, currently have a Mk1 Punto but im going to get a 1.9 Grande Punto Sep/Nov time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Passed with no minors
    You are not normal my friend. Just not normal.

ReputationRep:
    passed my test nearly ten years ago, first car was a mk2 fiesta 1.1 pop. I have a renualt 5 tr now, its 16 years old but cheap as chips to run and its never given me any probs (touch wood). I feel sorry for you lot having to know the theory stuff first. bummer

ReputationRep:
    Passed in '99, first car was a 5.0L Mustang. Current car is a 1993 VW 1.9L Golf TD.

ReputationRep:
    I passed in December and I've got a Fiesta 1.4 Zetec. Don't know what mk though... it's the square one before the 2006 version came out... is that no5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelee-jublee)
    I've passed and have a Citroen Saxo SX
    Same. I bought it 2 months after passing my test

ReputationRep:
    Yes and have a Corsa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Passed in '99, first car was a 5.0L Mustang.
    WHA :eek:!!!

I'm in love with that car, is it as nice as it is in my dreams? <3 lol

ReputationRep:
    First Time and i have a Vaux Nova, although i am changing this to a Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport. The Nova had a rather unfortunate incident.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    i passed my test march 16th so im pretty new to it i got my vauxhall corsa little over a year ago tho, it's been sitting around waiting for me to pass my test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imster)
    WHA :eek:!!!

I'm in love with that car, is it as nice as it is in my dreams? <3 lol
    Depends on what year you're talking about. Mine was a '91 5.0L V8 Mustang GT.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.