Turn on thread page Beta

Liverpool is great! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think so anyway...

I visited there yesterday - I didn't realise it was so green! There's so many parks and fields - totally the opposite of the industrial, smoggy image I had of the place. The buildings are really nice as well - the Thompson Yates building is really ornate and the red brick with inscriptions is lovely. The hall buildings are a bit ugly - brown brick and white windows like the 80s, but they're in a nice leafy setting. The Carnatic House has a cute little moat around it (filled with algae but I bet it's nice in the summer) and the Greenbank halls are right opposite a massive lake! The city looks good for shops and markets and the Union seems pretty good. I'm so glad I applied there - if I don't get an offer for Orthoptics from them I think I'll cry

Mind you, it's only my first visit - anyone else from/studying there who'd like to give me any further information about the city? Any good/bad points I should be aware of before UCAS decision time? Any advice is much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmazda86)
    Well, I think so anyway...

I visited there yesterday - I didn't realise it was so green! There's so many parks and fields - totally the opposite of the industrial, smoggy image I had of the place. The buildings are really nice as well - the Thompson Yates building is really ornate and the red brick with inscriptions is lovely. The hall buildings are a bit ugly - brown brick and white windows like the 80s, but they're in a nice leafy setting. The Carnatic House has a cute little moat around it (filled with algae but I bet it's nice in the summer) and the Greenbank halls are right opposite a massive lake! The city looks good for shops and markets and the Union seems pretty good. I'm so glad I applied there - if I don't get an offer for Orthoptics from them I think I'll cry

Mind you, it's only my first visit - anyone else from/studying there who'd like to give me any further information about the city? Any good/bad points I should be aware of before UCAS decision time? Any advice is much appreciated!
    Hi I have an offer to read Veterinary Medicine at Liverpool and like you I thought that when I visited it wasnt anything like I had expected! did you get to look around some the accommodation? Where do you think you will be going for if you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Hi I have an offer to read Veterinary Medicine at Liverpool and like you I thought that when I visited it wasnt anything like I had expected! did you get to look around some the accommodation? Where do you think you will be going for if you get an offer?
    I did indeed - the rooms are quite piddly but about the same size of Bristol. I'm not so bothered about the rooms because they tend to be the same from Uni to Uni - I'm more concerned about making sure I have a net connection so I can use MSN (yes, I'm an addict!) The good thing is that they have individual shower units rather than a combined bathroom-shower-toilet which is good 'cause there won't be as many queues to use them because people are having showers. We only got shown a room in the Carnatic Hall but they weren't too bad IMO!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.