This discussion is closed.
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Well, I think so anyway...

I visited there yesterday - I didn't realise it was so green! There's so many parks and fields - totally the opposite of the industrial, smoggy image I had of the place. The buildings are really nice as well - the Thompson Yates building is really ornate and the red brick with inscriptions is lovely. The hall buildings are a bit ugly - brown brick and white windows like the 80s, but they're in a nice leafy setting. The Carnatic House has a cute little moat around it (filled with algae but I bet it's nice in the summer) and the Greenbank halls are right opposite a massive lake! The city looks good for shops and markets and the Union seems pretty good. I'm so glad I applied there - if I don't get an offer for Orthoptics from them I think I'll cry

Mind you, it's only my first visit - anyone else from/studying there who'd like to give me any further information about the city? Any good/bad points I should be aware of before UCAS decision time? Any advice is much appreciated!
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by madmazda86)
Well, I think so anyway...

I visited there yesterday - I didn't realise it was so green! There's so many parks and fields - totally the opposite of the industrial, smoggy image I had of the place. The buildings are really nice as well - the Thompson Yates building is really ornate and the red brick with inscriptions is lovely. The hall buildings are a bit ugly - brown brick and white windows like the 80s, but they're in a nice leafy setting. The Carnatic House has a cute little moat around it (filled with algae but I bet it's nice in the summer) and the Greenbank halls are right opposite a massive lake! The city looks good for shops and markets and the Union seems pretty good. I'm so glad I applied there - if I don't get an offer for Orthoptics from them I think I'll cry

Mind you, it's only my first visit - anyone else from/studying there who'd like to give me any further information about the city? Any good/bad points I should be aware of before UCAS decision time? Any advice is much appreciated!
Hi I have an offer to read Veterinary Medicine at Liverpool and like you I thought that when I visited it wasnt anything like I had expected! did you get to look around some the accommodation? Where do you think you will be going for if you get an offer?
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
Hi I have an offer to read Veterinary Medicine at Liverpool and like you I thought that when I visited it wasnt anything like I had expected! did you get to look around some the accommodation? Where do you think you will be going for if you get an offer?
I did indeed - the rooms are quite piddly but about the same size of Bristol. I'm not so bothered about the rooms because they tend to be the same from Uni to Uni - I'm more concerned about making sure I have a net connection so I can use MSN (yes, I'm an addict!) The good thing is that they have individual shower units rather than a combined bathroom-shower-toilet which is good 'cause there won't be as many queues to use them because people are having showers. We only got shown a room in the Carnatic Hall but they weren't too bad IMO!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (169)
24.82%
Better than expected (141)
20.7%
Worse than expected (371)
54.48%

Watched Threads