Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can sum1 plz tell me wot is required to put into the standardised instructions section 4 as psycholgy coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarez)
    can sum1 plz tell me wot is required to put into the standardised instructions section 4 as psycholgy coursework
    A set of instructions to allow someone else to carry out your study in the same way as you have.
    Including things like brief/debrief and any materials you have used, and that sort of thing.
    At least, thats what i hope it is!

ReputationRep:
    4 that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    A set of instructions to allow someone else to carry out your study in the same way as you have.
    Including things like brief/debrief and any materials you have used, and that sort of thing.
    At least, thats what i hope it is!
    ??? No you're on the right lines. If you're doing AQA A2 Psychology then your standarised instructions must go in the appendix, this is what my draft looked like:

In matierials used section:
    (The clip was taken from the film Matrix Reloaded. Standardised instructions (see Appendix 2) were set each time the experiment took place)

Appendix 2: Standardised instructions

Standardised instructions (statement 1)
    “As a psychology student I am conducting an experiment, specifically testing on memory. If you do not wish to take part it’s still not too late, so please indicate now whether you wish to discontinue participating. You will now be view a video clip after which you will answer a few questions.’

After video clip is shown (Statement 2)

“You are now required to answer a few questions regarding what you have just watched. You have a time limit of two minutes. There is no need to put your names on your written paper as all results will be kept anonymous. No conferring with each other is allowed; you may now turn over your question sheet and begin answering. Thank you.’’

After 2 minute time limit (statement 3)

“You are now required to sit in silence until all the papers have been collected.”

(In the control section i stated: The same standardised instructions were used every time which reduced the effect of the experimenter on the performance of the subjects)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    ??? No you're on the right lines. If you're doing AQA A2 Psychology then your standarised instructions must go in the appendix, this is what my draft looked like:

In matierials used section:
    (The clip was taken from the film Matrix Reloaded. Standardised instructions (see Appendix 2) were set each time the experiment took place)

Appendix 2: Standardised instructions

Standardised instructions (statement 1)
    “As a psychology student I am conducting an experiment, specifically testing on memory. If you do not wish to take part it’s still not too late, so please indicate now whether you wish to discontinue participating. You will now be view a video clip after which you will answer a few questions.’

After video clip is shown (Statement 2)

“You are now required to answer a few questions regarding what you have just watched. You have a time limit of two minutes. There is no need to put your names on your written paper as all results will be kept anonymous. No conferring with each other is allowed; you may now turn over your question sheet and begin answering. Thank you.’’

After 2 minute time limit (statement 3)

“You are now required to sit in silence until all the papers have been collected.”

(In the control section i stated: The same standardised instructions were used every time which reduced the effect of the experimenter on the performance of the subjects)
    Phew! At least thats a couple of marks i've got then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Phew! At least thats a couple of marks i've got then!
    I liked the fact you could get marks for the reference section

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.