Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I just don't understand how the stripes remain separate right until the end when everythings being squeeezed out!

:eek:

Whats the deal with that?

ReputationRep:
    because it's set isnt it? bit like marble cake, the marble stays in it when you cut the cake

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it comes out of a small hole... how is it set when the tube is bigger
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The stripes aren't added until you squeeze it!

ReputationRep:
    Google is your friend!

http://www.aquafresh.co.uk/aboutStripes.aspx

ReputationRep:
    lol This is a funny thread. Tricksy little stripes. The stripes with the glitter in them make me happy, but I haven't actually used toothpaste like that since I was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    Mine has all sorta melted and now it is just grey. Long Live Stripes.

ReputationRep:
    *brushes teeth*

ReputationRep:
    Well, I understand how they get them in there, but no matter how much you squeeze the tube around, the toothpaste is still stripey when it comes out. I wonder if we could find out how it works by making a see-through toothpaste tube...

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Something I know the answer to!
    Basically, the coloured stripes occupy the sides and wall of the toothpaste tube cavity, and the white paste is added in the rest of the tube, coming out through a centralised nozzle inside, whereas the stripes of colour(s) come out through the side.
    ................................ .|| central nozzle of white
    ...................Side......\ || /...Side
    ................................ ||||

I hope that diagram makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    i brush twice a day ,

Dentists recommend you take at least two minutes to clean teeth thoroughly. Supervise your children brushing twice a day and help teach them to brush correctly:

Use round circular movements.
    Start with the lower jaw and work your way around the other teeth, including the back of the molars, then repeat for the inner area of the teeth.
    Brush the biting surfaces of teeth with a straight-across movement.
    Be careful not to brush too hard, as you can damage teeth enamel and cause gums to recede.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.