:) Got a job at last!! Now just the first day nerves... Watch

MissSurfer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Finally, after looking for a job since August, I have a job! It's only casual (they ring me and ask if i can work, say, this saturday or whatever - if someone's ill) but it means I don't have to be fully committed because I can always say 'no, sorry I'm busy' (obviously not too often but you get the idea). it's at this science exhibition centre aimed at primary school aged kids.

I'm quite a quiet person but put a bit of a facade on in the interview acting all confident etc to get the job. At the interview they asked how I'd feel doing a show (I'm assuming this is demonstrating scientific concepts etc to 30 people) and taking birthday parties etc. Now I've got the job i'm a bit worried I'm going to lose that confidence. But then again, if I managed to act confident at the interview, I can't be THAT quiet can I?

Has anyone else had first day nerves?
MissSurfer
lovelee-jublee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think everyone gets first-day nerves!

I'm casual as well, and the only problem I find is that you may get work one day, and then not again for another week, so if you're in the process of learning how to do your new job, it gets hard because you forget! Luckily though I started out with set hours, just got transferred to casual later on when I'd got used to things!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
28.88%
No - I got the required grades (110)
58.82%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise