The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Robot Chicken
no, instead you'll have to come back a few weeks later and do another exam.
Push comes to shove you have to ask. Is it worth it?

It's more than a few weeks? It's in september and so you have about 3 months to revise, plenty to learn every single detail. But no, it's not worth it - it's going to ruin one's holiday!
darkenergy
It's more than a few weeks? It's in september and so you have about 3 months to revise, plenty to learn every single detail. But no, it's not worth it - it's going to ruin one's holiday!

well exactly. and its not like 1st year exams count for much. neither do 2nd year really.
Reply 22
Robot Chicken
well exactly. and its not like 1st year exams count for much. neither do 2nd year really.

I'm guessing they count for a lot if you fail the year... :wink:
Fluffy
I'm guessing they count for a lot if you fail the year... :wink:

as with london schools, if you fail the year, you are a ******.
and yes, i don't care about the PCness of the word.

you get 2 sets of resits. they honest to god try to get everyone to pass. theres a tiny tiny minority who fail even one exam let alone all the resits.
Reply 24
Robot Chicken

you get 2 sets of resits. they honest to god try to get everyone to pass. theres a tiny tiny minority who fail even one exam let alone all the resits.
you're a what? Think I might need to know :eek: :p:
we only get one chance to resit, but i do no ppl who resat the yr, but cus of special circumstances only i think. our exams do count cus we have to pass them all to go to next year. they dont count count cus we dont actually get graded.
Saffie
you're a what? Think I might need to know :eek: :p:

re.tar.d.
Reply 27
Robot Chicken

We don't get two lots of resits. you can't resit an in course exam, and get 1 resit chance at pre clin end of years.
Reply 28
Robot Chicken
re.tar.d.
cheers spacka :>.<:
Reply 29
Fluffy
We don't get two lots of resits. you can't resit an in course exam, and get 1 resit chance at pre clin end of years.
But fail that and you'll usually get a chance to resit the year.

Either way, you actually have to put some effort into failing a year and getting thrown out.
Reply 30
Renal
But fail that and you'll usually get a chance to resit the year.

More people left our year than resat year 1 (not that that was many...)
Fluffy

yeh i should have clarified there. you meant cambridge. dunno about oxford.
Renal
Nobody should have any difficulty passing medical school, the hardest bit is getting in.

Really?
Reply 33
No Future
Really?
Yes really.

Clearly I've got away with being the laziest (academically) I've been since two years of sick leave. I go to what I need to, I learn what I need to, I revise what I need to and I do decently.

Whether that changes in clinical remains to be seen (well, of course it gets harder), but seriously, I put far more effort into A-levels and GCSEs than this!
Reply 34
Renal why do i get the impression that you are one of those incredibly brainy people who find most things an absolute breeze?!?!
I hope what you said about the Alevels being harder is true, i'm finding them such a bitch at the moment, i just can't find the energy to revise. So annoying that when i doactually study i forget what i learnt a day or two later... grrr
Reply 35
elgarde
Renal why do i get the impression that you are one of those incredibly brainy people who find most things an absolute breeze?!?!
Damned if I know, certainly wouldn't call myself incredibly brainy.

Latest

Trending

Trending