The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I dont know what my second favourite college is....hmmm....maybe Chads....but then again, maybe not....

Sorry that this post has turned out to be utterly useless:rolleyes:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Talya
Butler will soon be everyone's second favourite with it's largest bar in Durham :biggrin:

It's not the size that counts. The fact that your bar is also the furthest away from town and any sort of student population (for example, Hild Bede is at least close to Gilesgate and Claypath)...and also will be really new and still working out the little tweaks, it could well turn out to be not a very popular bar for a good few years! :wink:

Also to "Graham" - just because your best friend lives in Hild Bede and so you spend a lot of time there, how can you say it's the best one? You need to experience every college the same to be able to say that properly :smile:

Finally - the best? Trevs.....the second best? Marys, I have yet to meet someone from Marys who isn't incredibly nice. Though I think it may be due to the fact that I only know girls from Marys (for obvious reasons) and I generally get on with girls a lot better than guys (who can generally be w*****s) :biggrin: If not Marys, then probably Mildert or Grey. Hard to choose!
Reply 22
What's with all the 'the' threads going around? Who is 'the' poster of these and what is 'the' way to make him stop?:mad:
I'm tired:redface:
Reply 23
Finally - the best? Trevs.....the second best? Marys, I have yet to meet someone from Marys who isn't incredibly nice. Though I think it may be due to the fact that I only know girls from Marys (for obvious reasons) and I generally get on with girls a lot better than guys (who can generally be w*****s) If not Marys, then probably Mildert or Grey. Hard to choose!

Yay! Nice people at my college (+me)! Which is your college?
Reply 24
2nd favourite college = Chads or Cuths or maybe Trevs! Not really sure! :redface:

Obviously Castle is the best though!
Reply 25
Becca
Trevs!

blaters
Reply 26
ssmoose
Yay! Nice people at my college (+me)! Which is your college?

Since I said that the best college was Trevs, then take a wild guess :wink:

Seriously though, don't worry about being a guy in Marys, it's a cool college and if I was applying to Durham right now (and knew everything I currently know about the colleges) then I would have a hard time choosing between Marys and Trevs :smile:

Though one negative is that their sports teams are pretty poor as they seem to have had some troubles integrating the guys in - lack of enough people to coach them and all that. And the teams they do have are pants, haha...should be better next year though! :smile:
Reply 27
dobbs
It's not the size that counts. The fact that your bar is also the furthest away from town and any sort of student population (for example, Hild Bede is at least close to Gilesgate and Claypath)...and also will be really new and still working out the little tweaks, it could well turn out to be not a very popular bar for a good few years! :wink:

True... but it'll be geet lush from the start, on account of it'll have me and Talya haunting it very often :biggrin:
Reply 28
danfel
True... but it'll be geet lush from the start, on account of it'll have me and Talya haunting it very often :biggrin:

Hmmmm.....we'll see! Can't wait for my freshers group full-college bar crawl next year! Going to be hard to fit them all in now with Butler damn you! So out of the way!! :p:
Reply 29
dobbs
Hmmmm.....we'll see! Can't wait for my freshers group full-college bar crawl next year! Going to be hard to fit them all in now with Butler damn you! So out of the way!! :p:

One advantage of a big bar :p:

do they do formal bar crawls? bar crawls in suits...
Reply 30
dobbs

That sounds so cool! Can I crash lol:redface:
Bar crawls with suits? That would look weird to the locals!
Reply 31
Erm no I've never seen anyone do a formal bar crawl, but the majority will have themes.

In my first year the theme was "Services" - I was a paramedic
In my second year the theme was "Superheroes" - I was the Blue power ranger (my friends were the others)
Next year....who knows! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Done two of them already, third is coming up the first week we get back. Full college bar crawls are heavy. We wud do a formal one but you would trash your suit I think
Reply 33
dobbs
Erm no I've never seen anyone do a formal bar crawl, but the majority will have themes.

In my first year the theme was "Services" - I was a paramedic
In my second year the theme was "Superheroes" - I was the Blue power ranger (my friends were the others)
Next year....who knows! :biggrin:

The blue one was the geek, teehee :biggrin:
I say geek, but he was powerfully clever.
Reply 34
sidekick
The blue one was the geek, teehee :biggrin:
I say geek, but he was powerfully clever.

Yes yes I know. I never really watched it but was told afterwards of that fact :rolleyes:

What was annoying is that I was so drunk I never made it home, just stayed in the TV room in college. Next morning had to walk back home (a 35min walk) in the stupid costume!!! :redface:
Reply 35
dobbs
Yes yes I know. I never really watched it but was told afterwards of that fact :rolleyes:

What was annoying is that I was so drunk I never made it home, just stayed in the TV room in college. Next morning had to walk back home (a 35min walk) in the stupid costume!!! :redface:

:rofl: bum clouds!
Reply 36
dobbs

:rofl:
That would have been funny to see, a hungover power ranger stumbling down the street lol!
Reply 37
paddy357
:rofl:
That would have been funny to see, a hungover power ranger stumbling down the street lol!

Excuse me? Hungover? I don't get hangovers thank you very much :p:

Was a nice walk home, just looked like a tit! :biggrin:
Reply 38
danfel

Rar :biggrin: Ooh, Can I be the bar security guard?

(There would be a password)
Reply 39
Talya
Rar :biggrin: Ooh, Can I be the bar security guard?

(There would be a password)

Depends what the password is. Can't be having rubbish passwords.

Latest