Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
danfel
One advantage of a big bar :p:

do they do formal bar crawls? bar crawls in suits...

I've seen people doing those, but more common are silly costume bar crawl like "chavs" or one I did was the bizarre combination of "tramps and cavemen"....:confused:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
dobbs
Excuse me? Hungover? I don't get hangovers thank you very much :p:

Was a nice walk home, just looked like a tit! :biggrin:

But a geeky, powerful tit :p:
sidekick
But a geeky, powerful tit :p:

:rofl:
Reply 43
dobbs
Excuse me? Hungover? I don't get hangovers thank you very much :p:

Was a nice walk home, just looked like a tit! :biggrin:

I used to think that I didn't get hangovers. Turns out, you do if you drink enough:redface: Although I'm always the insanely perky one the morning after, which is odd seeing as I'm really not a morning person (also it annoys my friends who all have headaches).
That reminds me of when I went to the leavers ball at my school last year. I was staying at a friends house that night, but lest all my stuff at the school, so had to go back the next morning in my tux:redface:
Yet I suppose that is much less tit-like then a power rangers costume. At least you didn't make the mistake of wearing one of the girl power ranger costumes:smile:
Reply 44
paddy357
I used to think that I didn't get hangovers. Turns out, you do if you drink enough:redface: Although I'm always the insanely perky one the morning after, which is odd seeing as I'm really not a morning person (also it annoys my friends who all have headaches).
That reminds me of when I went to the leavers ball at my school last year. I was staying at a friends house that night, but lest all my stuff at the school, so had to go back the next morning in my tux:redface:
Yet I suppose that is much less tit-like then a power rangers costume. At least you didn't make the mistake of wearing one of the girl power ranger costumes:smile:

The girl power rangers were wearing the same as the guys, just different colours (and slightly different helmets since they made theirs separate from ours and it was hard to explain how to cut a cheap football to look like a helmet over the phone!)

And yeah I *would* get hangovers if I was stupid! I can drink vodka all night (seriously I can drink A LOT of vodka) and be fine the next day....but stray too far away (ie I can drink sourz, vk ice, smirnoff ice all that kinda crap) and I'll get a hangover. It's all about being sensible when drunk, some people find it hard to do, I'm pretty good though :biggrin: (mostly!! hehe)
Reply 45
dobbs
The girl power rangers were wearing the same as the guys, just different colours (and slightly different helmets since they made theirs separate from ours and it was hard to explain how to cut a cheap football to look like a helmet over the phone!)

And yeah I *would* get hangovers if I was stupid! I can drink vodka all night (seriously I can drink A LOT of vodka) and be fine the next day....but stray too far away (ie I can drink sourz, vk ice, smirnoff ice all that kinda crap) and I'll get a hangover. It's all about being sensible when drunk, some people find it hard to do, I'm pretty good though :biggrin: (mostly!! hehe)

Hmmm that's true, alcopops are evil because it doesn't feel alcoholic. I can drink vodka, but I really don't like the taste so I have to be drunk in the first place:rolleyes:
And I only get hungover when people make me drink stuff I don't like (like rum, red wine, this horrible oozo stuff when we were in Greece). I'm far too trusting when drunk:redface:
Reply 46
paddy357
Hmmm that's true, alcopops are evil because it doesn't feel alcoholic. I can drink vodka, but I really don't like the taste so I have to be drunk in the first place:rolleyes:
And I only get hungover when people make me drink stuff I don't like (like rum, red wine, this horrible oozo stuff when we were in Greece). I'm far too trusting when drunk:redface:

Ouzo, darling, ouzo. :biggrin:
Reply 47
sidekick
Ouzo, darling, ouzo. :biggrin:

NO, that stuff's skank!! We all got given free ouzo shots at this bar in Greece, and everyone was going to down them and I didn't want to, but they made me:frown: It didn't end well:frown:
Reply 48
paddy357
NO, that stuff's skank!! We all got given free ouzo shots at this bar in Greece, and everyone was going to down them and I didn't want to, but they made me:frown: It didn't end well:frown:

It's ok, I hate it too, I was just correcting your spelling :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 49
sidekick
It's ok, I hate it too, I was just correcting your spelling :biggrin: :biggrin:

Come on, it's an alcoholic drink, how was I supposed to remember how to spell it:frown:
I really have to stop diverting threads:redface:
Reply 50
paddy357
Hmmm that's true, alcopops are evil because it doesn't feel alcoholic.

they also give you an arse of a hangover because they have somany additives in, if I drink lots of VKs in studio I always feel awful next morning even when I've not been terribly drunk, they do nasty things to your stomach
Reply 51
paddy357

Someone told me that if you drink loads of water the day after you've drank a lot of ouzo, you get drunk again because it doesn't go through you the first time or something it just crystalises in your stomach. Anyone willing to experiment and see if it's true?? :biggrin:
Reply 52
Becca
Someone told me that if you drink loads of water the day after you've drank a lot of ouzo, you get drunk again because it doesn't go through you the first time or something it just crystalises in your stomach. Anyone willing to experiment and see if it's true?? :biggrin:

Never done it myself but it is true - happened to my cousin when she came back from Zante :biggrin: how we laughed.
Reply 53
cobra
they also give you an arse of a hangover because they have somany additives in, if I drink lots of VKs in studio I always feel awful next morning even when I've not been terribly drunk, they do nasty things to your stomach

I never drink too many anyway because they change the colour of your mouth and teeth (urgh), and absolutely destroy my teeth! It's one reason why I don't drink vodka and coke anymore, the coke would make my teeth hurt so much the day after!! Crazy, but true! :redface:

Vodka and lemonade all the way :biggrin:
Reply 54
Random fact: I used to clean my teeth too much, until the dentist told me to stop and go back to the old twice a day. I just don't want that evil drill thing anywhere near my teeth thanks! I have no fillings :biggrin:
Reply 55
Becca
Random fact: I used to clean my teeth too much, until the dentist told me to stop and go back to the old twice a day. I just don't want that evil drill thing anywhere near my teeth thanks! I have no fillings :biggrin:

Random fact #2: I have never cleaned my teeth twice a day for a prolonged period of time (like more than 3 days in a row). When I was in my early teens I used to go without cleaning my teeth at the weekends (wasn't at school so why should I?! hehe). However, my teeth have always been "perfect" at the dentists, never had anything done to them, no fillings or owt! Still today I only brush once a day, twice if I'm going out in the evening :biggrin:

Ner ner :p:
Reply 56
dobbs
Random fact #2: I have never cleaned my teeth twice a day for a prolonged period of time (like more than 3 days in a row). When I was in my early teens I used to go without cleaning my teeth at the weekends (wasn't at school so why should I?! hehe). However, my teeth have always been "perfect" at the dentists, never had anything done to them, no fillings or owt! Still today I only brush once a day, twice if I'm going out in the evening :biggrin:

Ner ner :p:

:eek: Do they not feel dirty????
:afraid:
Reply 57
Becca

Not really, if they feel particularly bad then I'll brush them, but most of the time no. Either I'm just used to them feeling not perfectly clean, or I don't eat really sugary foods, OR the fact that I spend like 5 minutes brushing them in the morning means it lasts longer or something. Dunno :smile:

Oh yeah, and if I really can't be arsed you can just scrape the ming off your teeth with your fingernails. Tastes nice! :biggrin: yum
Reply 58
Becca

of course they will, it's bad enough when I don't clean them after I come in after a night out so I dread to think what it's like for a few days
Reply 59
dobbs
Not really, if they feel particularly bad then I'll brush them, but most of the time no. Either I'm just used to them feeling not perfectly clean, or I don't eat really sugary foods, OR the fact that I spend like 5 minutes brushing them in the morning means it lasts longer or something. Dunno :smile:

Oh yeah, and if I really can't be arsed you can just scrape the ming off your teeth with your fingernails. Tastes nice! :biggrin: yum

You are rank.

Latest