The Student Room Group

John Lewis Graduate Scheme 2013

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any further knowledge regarding the phone interview for finance?
Reply 41
Has anyone heard back yet? I thought we would get a response before end of November?!
Reply 42
I just recieved an email literally 15mins ago saying i've got through to the telephone interview stage! im applying for the finance scheme! so happy and excited but yet so nervous...no idea as to what questions they will ask!!!
I heard on Wednesday that I had got through to telephone interview for finance, seems they are only people who have heard!
I got an email today saying I'd got a phone interview for Merchandising scheme so think they've started calling in interviews for all the schemes. Does anyone know much about questions they ask in phone interview? Are they scheme specific or more general?
Reply 45
Hi
Has anyone heard anything who is applying for the summer placement scheme? Waiting to hear if I've got through to the phone interviews!
Thanks!
Reply 46
I got an email too!! I applied to the buying scheme. Congrats to all of you guys! I can't believe it... there is so much competition! Does anyone have any idea of the type of questions?!

Please, any hint would be really helpful!

Thanks!!
Ps Good luck to all of you.. finger crossed!
Reply 47
Has anyone heard back since the telephone interview?
Reply 48
Applied for the finance scheme. had a telephone interview. for anyone through to that stage:

- not the most intense interview
- lasted about 15 mins and the lady said dont go over it so consider the length of your answers
- She asked me to tell me about my knowledge of the company
- what i expect to be doing during my graduate role on the finance scheme
- Name a time when you have helped someone else achieve a goal?
- Name a time you have a led a team?
- 1 factor which could affect company performance?
- as a leader you are required to use initiative so name one thing you would do to make the company go forward.

havnt received a reply late. and the lady who interviewed me was a external interviewee so she made it clear at the beginning that she would not be able to answer any finance related questions i have at the end.

Hope this helps.
Reply 49
got through to the first part of the assessment centre for finance?

any tips guys?
Reply 50
Hi guys!

I cleared the phone interview and I am going to have the AC next week. It will be my first experience in AC, so i am really scared!! I applied for the buyer position. Any tips? Anyone else is coming?

Good luck to all!
Reply 51
Hi Zubby786! When is your AC? Mine is February 1st. Did you find any useful information?

Thanks!
Reply 52
Hi Antonietta,

I also have my AC on Feb 1st for the Buying Scheme. Any idea why the format has changed?

Thanks!
Reply 53
No, I don't know. I am not sure if they changed the format since the beginning or on the way... I was preparing for team exercises and then I received the second email about the changes!

What do you think we should exect for individual exercise? Do you knw if this is the last stage or if there is a Day 2 like the previous years?

See you tomorrow!
Reply 54
I'm not sure what to expect at all! It does still say day one but I'm not sure what the next stage would be!

Yes, see you tomorrow! Good Luck x
Reply 55
Hi everyone,

I've got through to the assessment centre for the summer internship. I was just wondering if anyone who has been on the graduate assessment centre days would be kind enough to tell me the structure and what you had to do? I'm guessing they'll be fairly similar. I'm really nervous and just trying to gather as much information as possible so any input would be fantastic :biggrin:

Thanks.
Reply 56
Original post by Harper810
Hi everyone,

I've got through to the assessment centre for the summer internship. I was just wondering if anyone who has been on the graduate assessment centre days would be kind enough to tell me the structure and what you had to do? I'm guessing they'll be fairly similar. I'm really nervous and just trying to gather as much information as possible so any input would be fantastic :biggrin:

Thanks.

Hey congratulations! I went for it last year and didn't get past assessment centre but I got some brilliant feedback in a 1:1 at the end of the day (I found out on the day) and the managers there all offered me their contact details for support in the future. The day was literally just two group exercises and a 1:1 interview, then given a presentation on then The Partnership while the assessors had a chit-chat and found out later that day. Having used what they told me, and meeting with one of my assessors last summer for a talk about John Lewis' direction, I'm now at the final stage for the grad scheme! So just make the most of the day, be the most positive version of yourself and get email addresses just in case! Good luck :smile:
Reply 57
Thank you so much for the advice! So it was just two group exercises and then a 1:1 interview? Can you remember what kind of questions they asked in the interview?

Congrats on getting through for the grad scheme! That's excellent. Yeah I'll try and get their email addresses as well! Cheers for the advice and good luck!

Original post by Samselwood
Hey congratulations! I went for it last year and didn't get past assessment centre but I got some brilliant feedback in a 1:1 at the end of the day (I found out on the day) and the managers there all offered me their contact details for support in the future. The day was literally just two group exercises and a 1:1 interview, then given a presentation on then The Partnership while the assessors had a chit-chat and found out later that day. Having used what they told me, and meeting with one of my assessors last summer for a talk about John Lewis' direction, I'm now at the final stage for the grad scheme! So just make the most of the day, be the most positive version of yourself and get email addresses just in case! Good luck :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Harper810
Thank you so much for the advice! So it was just two group exercises and then a 1:1 interview? Can you remember what kind of questions they asked in the interview?

Congrats on getting through for the grad scheme! That's excellent. Yeah I'll try and get their email addresses as well! Cheers for the advice and good luck!

Yeah all the questions in any of their management schemes are usually just based on the JL Leadership behaviours. Use examples even if they don't explicitly ask you for them and don't worry about repeating things that you've used in your application....the assessors won't have read it! Literally they're sitting there with the Leadership behaviours just ticking off behaviours as you speak. The more evidence they have that you match the Leadership behaviours, the higher you'll score!

It's a super-competitive year though, the pass mark for getting to the 2nd round of assessments for the Retail Management Grad scheme was 78%! Good luck and be positive!
Reply 59
Original post by Samselwood
Yeah all the questions in any of their management schemes are usually just based on the JL Leadership behaviours. Use examples even if they don't explicitly ask you for them and don't worry about repeating things that you've used in your application....the assessors won't have read it! Literally they're sitting there with the Leadership behaviours just ticking off behaviours as you speak. The more evidence they have that you match the Leadership behaviours, the higher you'll score!

It's a super-competitive year though, the pass mark for getting to the 2nd round of assessments for the Retail Management Grad scheme was 78%! Good luck and be positive!

Wow that's super high! Thanks so much for your advice though, it's incredibly helpful :smile: Best of luck with your career!

Quick Reply

Latest