Exam results released early

Watch
This discussion is closed.
boxersarecool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was shocked today to be given my Edexcel A level results and AS results a week early, has anyone else had this happen?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boxersarecool)
I was shocked today to be given my Edexcel A level results and AS results a week early, has anyone else had this happen?
wow cool, ur so lucky.....so wot did u get?? r u pleased??
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I want mine . But my exam boards were AQA (soc) and OCR (bio) so got to wait another week

Did you do well?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I want mine . But my exam boards were AQA (soc) and OCR (bio) so got to wait another week

Did you do well?
lol 6 of mine were Edexcel, the other was AQA but our school hasn't told us that they have our results. we're getting them next Thurs, u?
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
lol 6 of mine were Edexcel, the other was AQA but our school hasn't told us that they have our results. we're getting them next Thurs, u?
Next thursday. Luckily it's the day AFTER parents evening!!
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Next thursday. Luckily it's the day AFTER parents evening!!
haha kool, lucky i'm getting my reports this week too!!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
haha kool, lucky i'm getting my reports this week too!!
I've already got mine. I read it about a month ago and took it home this week. It was all good
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
AQA wrote to our school to complain about what we put in our General Studies exams... heehee!
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by madmazda86)
AQA wrote to our school to complain about what we put in our General Studies exams... heehee!
:eek: what did you all put?!!
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol, what did you put?? Last year in my chem GCSE i wrote something funny just to fill the space coz i didn't know the answer, but crossed it out just in case haha.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol i got my politics retake back i went up 3 marks in a politics unit 2 lmao doesnt matter cos i had an A already i was just going for extra ums!!
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyboo)
lol i got my politics retake back i went up 3 marks in a politics unit 2 lmao doesnt matter cos i had an A already i was just going for extra ums!!
:rolleyes:
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
:eek: what did you all put?!!
Well, me and my friend had a competition to see how many times we could mention the word possum or bat in our respective exams. I also wrote a little poem about what a waste of time General Studies is I've got a meeting with the Head of 6th and the Deputy Head because I "made inappropriate comments about the futility of General Studies as a qualification" (duh.) I find it a bit unfair that out of all the people in my year who wrote about the pointlessness of General Studies I've been singled out, as my treatise was free of expletives and a lot less obscene than some of the others I've been told about. Gah, oh well - it's not like I care anyway, I didn't even bother to put General Studies on my UCAS form even though I got a B in it last year!
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
:rolleyes:
lol well it made me chuckle!!! i was like YEEESSSSSSS 3 whole marks!! whoop whoop well worht all the stress?! :confused:
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my mates were receiving their retake module marks today, deffo the edexcel ones, can't remember bout the other boards though.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got English back, got an A so I'm happy!
boxersarecool
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi,
the results were A in eng lang, A in Geog and B in Geog i was pleased as had thought the geography ones had gone awful, as i realised when i got out that i had read one of the graphs wrong, ticks instead of crosses! Also everyone else thought the exam had gone much better than i thought they had, i just can never tell!
Now just got eng lit to worry about is AQA.
One of the main reasons i wanted mine early is that i didn't want to have the teacher annonce i had failed in front of the rest of the class.
Congrats to others on their results
Alicia
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, me and my friend had a competition to see how many times we could mention the word possum or bat in our respective exams. I also wrote a little poem about what a waste of time General Studies is I've got a meeting with the Head of 6th and the Deputy Head because I "made inappropriate comments about the futility of General Studies as a qualification" (duh.) I find it a bit unfair that out of all the people in my year who wrote about the pointlessness of General Studies I've been singled out, as my treatise was free of expletives and a lot less obscene than some of the others I've been told about. Gah, oh well - it's not like I care anyway, I didn't even bother to put General Studies on my UCAS form even though I got a B in it last year!
How many of your mates actually did write it, and not just say they did to sound cool. I bet they were just bricking themselves that they would be excluded from future exams of something so didnt actually do it.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
How many of your mates actually did write it, and not just say they did to sound cool. I bet they were just bricking themselves that they would be excluded from future exams of something so didnt actually do it.
I agree - most won't ahve written anything.
I'm quite proud of my general studies a level - i quite enjoyed answering questions about Tony Blair! Much more interesting than German!

On a seperate note a boy at our school once wrote "i am a fish i am a fish i am a fish" over and over for a whole RE exam and got an E!
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yey got my results today 90/100 p1 and 111/120 Eco Unit3 i'm so happy
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (1)
7.69%
Confident (3)
23.08%
Indifferent (0)
0%
Unsure (4)
30.77%
Worried (5)
38.46%

Watched Threads