Turn on thread page Beta

Exam results released early watch

ReputationRep:
    I was shocked today to be given my Edexcel A level results and AS results a week early, has anyone else had this happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxersarecool)
    I was shocked today to be given my Edexcel A level results and AS results a week early, has anyone else had this happen?
    wow cool, ur so lucky.....so wot did u get?? r u pleased??

ReputationRep:
    I want mine . But my exam boards were AQA (soc) and OCR (bio) so got to wait another week

Did you do well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I want mine . But my exam boards were AQA (soc) and OCR (bio) so got to wait another week

Did you do well?
    lol 6 of mine were Edexcel, the other was AQA but our school hasn't told us that they have our results. we're getting them next Thurs, u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    lol 6 of mine were Edexcel, the other was AQA but our school hasn't told us that they have our results. we're getting them next Thurs, u?
    Next thursday. Luckily it's the day AFTER parents evening!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Next thursday. Luckily it's the day AFTER parents evening!!
    haha kool, lucky i'm getting my reports this week too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    haha kool, lucky i'm getting my reports this week too!!
    I've already got mine. I read it about a month ago and took it home this week. It was all good

ReputationRep:
    AQA wrote to our school to complain about what we put in our General Studies exams... heehee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmazda86)
    AQA wrote to our school to complain about what we put in our General Studies exams... heehee!
    :eek: what did you all put?!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, what did you put?? Last year in my chem GCSE i wrote something funny just to fill the space coz i didn't know the answer, but crossed it out just in case haha.

ReputationRep:
    lol i got my politics retake back i went up 3 marks in a politics unit 2 lmao doesnt matter cos i had an A already i was just going for extra ums!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    lol i got my politics retake back i went up 3 marks in a politics unit 2 lmao doesnt matter cos i had an A already i was just going for extra ums!!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    :eek: what did you all put?!!
    Well, me and my friend had a competition to see how many times we could mention the word possum or bat in our respective exams. I also wrote a little poem about what a waste of time General Studies is I've got a meeting with the Head of 6th and the Deputy Head because I "made inappropriate comments about the futility of General Studies as a qualification" (duh.) I find it a bit unfair that out of all the people in my year who wrote about the pointlessness of General Studies I've been singled out, as my treatise was free of expletives and a lot less obscene than some of the others I've been told about. Gah, oh well - it's not like I care anyway, I didn't even bother to put General Studies on my UCAS form even though I got a B in it last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    :rolleyes:
    lol well it made me chuckle!!! i was like YEEESSSSSSS 3 whole marks!! whoop whoop well worht all the stress?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    my mates were receiving their retake module marks today, deffo the edexcel ones, can't remember bout the other boards though.

ReputationRep:
    I got English back, got an A so I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    the results were A in eng lang, A in Geog and B in Geog i was pleased as had thought the geography ones had gone awful, as i realised when i got out that i had read one of the graphs wrong, ticks instead of crosses! Also everyone else thought the exam had gone much better than i thought they had, i just can never tell!
    Now just got eng lit to worry about is AQA.
    One of the main reasons i wanted mine early is that i didn't want to have the teacher annonce i had failed in front of the rest of the class.
    Congrats to others on their results
    Alicia

ReputationRep:
    Well, me and my friend had a competition to see how many times we could mention the word possum or bat in our respective exams. I also wrote a little poem about what a waste of time General Studies is I've got a meeting with the Head of 6th and the Deputy Head because I "made inappropriate comments about the futility of General Studies as a qualification" (duh.) I find it a bit unfair that out of all the people in my year who wrote about the pointlessness of General Studies I've been singled out, as my treatise was free of expletives and a lot less obscene than some of the others I've been told about. Gah, oh well - it's not like I care anyway, I didn't even bother to put General Studies on my UCAS form even though I got a B in it last year!
    How many of your mates actually did write it, and not just say they did to sound cool. I bet they were just bricking themselves that they would be excluded from future exams of something so didnt actually do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    How many of your mates actually did write it, and not just say they did to sound cool. I bet they were just bricking themselves that they would be excluded from future exams of something so didnt actually do it.
    I agree - most won't ahve written anything.
    I'm quite proud of my general studies a level - i quite enjoyed answering questions about Tony Blair! Much more interesting than German!

On a seperate note a boy at our school once wrote "i am a fish i am a fish i am a fish" over and over for a whole RE exam and got an E!

ReputationRep:
    yey got my results today 90/100 p1 and 111/120 Eco Unit3 i'm so happy

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.