Watch
This discussion is closed.
madmazda86
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
How many of your mates actually did write it, and not just say they did to sound cool. I bet they were just bricking themselves that they would be excluded from future exams of something so didnt actually do it.
Well, myself and my friend definitely did write the stuff we did - we were even quoting bits of our answers at each other at the end of it. Only myself and two others are up before the Head of 6th and Deputy Head so it was obviously just one examiner who complained. It's a lot more serious than I thought - at best we'll have our badges taken away (we're all prefects which is ironic), at worst I could be suspended. The exam board are taking no further action so hopefully I won't be barred from taking any more AQA exams or that's Bio and Psych out the window

The moral of the story is, folks, answer the questions properly in your General Studies papers.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
yey got my results today 90/100 p1 and 111/120 Eco Unit3 i'm so happy
Well done, that's brilliant x
currency_westlake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Gov't. & Politics:

Module 3: 88/100
Module 4 (Route A: UK Economy) 90/100

Yay!
rajeeb
Report 17 years ago
i luv edexcel for doing that..got my geog results...got 100% in Synoptic + Hazards paper..so i was like woooot! lol..means i can drop geog now and focus on 2 other subjects - maths and econ, cos I have my A-level A in geog now:-) - thank god for Jan modules! lol!
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rajeeb)
i luv edexcel for doing that..got my geog results...got 100% in Synoptic + Hazards paper..so i was like woooot! lol..means i can drop geog now and focus on 2 other subjects - maths and econ, cos I have my A-level A in geog now:-) - thank god for Jan modules! lol!
Ah wow that must be lovely.. I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO DROP A SUBJECT NOW!!!!!
acidbubble
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i still need to get at least 19% in P3 to get an A
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by keithy)
i still need to get at least 19% in P3 to get an A
You poor thing, 19% is really piling on the pressure isnt it
Emma123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by madmazda86)
Well, me and my friend had a competition to see how many times we could mention the word possum or bat in our respective exams. I also wrote a little poem about what a waste of time General Studies is I've got a meeting with the Head of 6th and the Deputy Head because I "made inappropriate comments about the futility of General Studies as a qualification" (duh.) I find it a bit unfair that out of all the people in my year who wrote about the pointlessness of General Studies I've been singled out, as my treatise was free of expletives and a lot less obscene than some of the others I've been told about. Gah, oh well - it's not like I care anyway, I didn't even bother to put General Studies on my UCAS form even though I got a B in it last year!

Good for you!!! Our whole year was FORCED into doing the whole general studies A2 exam in january, and as many of us already had offers not depending on general studies we weren't at all bothered. wont know how we have done until thursday, but according to what people have said, lots just made 'inappropriate' comment, if they even bothered. Im suprised that they are allowed to tell you off, you were just writing what you thought, and surely the worst they can do is just not give you the marks for that question - its not your fault if you didnt give the answer that they were lookin for ;-)
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rajeeb)
Woah, 100%! Well done! Hope i can do nearly as well as you next year hehe.
madmazda86
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Emma123)
Good for you!!! Our whole year was FORCED into doing the whole general studies A2 exam in january, and as many of us already had offers not depending on general studies we weren't at all bothered. wont know how we have done until thursday, but according to what people have said, lots just made 'inappropriate' comment, if they even bothered. Im suprised that they are allowed to tell you off, you were just writing what you thought, and surely the worst they can do is just not give you the marks for that question - its not your fault if you didnt give the answer that they were lookin for ;-)
Just heard that one of the others has been suspended - looks like I'm going to be too Will find out next Friday.
undiscovered
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by madmazda86)
Just heard that one of the others has been suspended - looks like I'm going to be too Will find out next Friday.
That'll teach you :rolleyes:
lilsunflower
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ah I can't wait for my results to be released
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my college was given the wrong password by edexcel so i haven't got them yet, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for monday now!
hornblower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
my college was given the wrong password by edexcel so i haven't got them yet, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for monday now!
Hehe! That's a classic!
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
Hehe! That's a classic!
yup, who's in the boss at edexcel? probably rodger the rabbit!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads