Hardest Science? GCSE and A level, What do you think!!! Watch

Everton_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically What do you think was the hardest science at GCSE and why and Also the same for A level?
A.sniper
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i did triple for gcse and then did maths and triple sciences for alevel

chemistry is the hardest

then biology as there is a very large volume of sheer information to memorize

then maths and physics

obviously some people find maths and physics harder but i think overall, most people find chemistry the hardest,
TheIrrational
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my opinion, which is all this could be, an opinion, I find biology the hardest. This is because I can understand a lot of chemistry and physics from almost basic principals and work from there whereas I find there is a lot of memorizing in biology at GCSE and A level.

I only did double science GCSE, I did chemistry and biology AS, physics A2.
Everton_
Rep:
?
I Think Chemistry at GCSE I hated it so boring then Biology then physics
NutterFrutter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Physics is the most difficult, chemistry is the easiest.
paulbridger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think Chemistry is the hardest at A-level, closely followed by biology. At GCSE biology is the hardest.
alexkol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Physics is by far the hardest one!
matthew769
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology, just because I dislike it so much
TheIrrational
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by paulbridger)
OP didn't ask for the easiest. No need to show off.
Just going a little off topic here, but how is it showing off? If there's a hardest there has to be an easiest :P
paulbridger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheIrrational)
Just going a little off topic here, but how is it showing off? If there's a hardest there has to be an easiest :P
Haha. It's just like everyone I know finds chemistry the hardest by a long way. It wasn't really showing off, but, it just annoyed me :P
Everton_
Rep:
?
Good answer Just like any subject For e.g Maths English Science I think Overall English is the hardest so there must be a subject I find easier which is Maths
TheIrrational
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha. It's just like everyone I know finds chemistry the hardest by a long way. It wasn't really showing off, but, it just annoyed me :P
Chemistry is hard, I'm not arguing with that! However, I personally find biology the hardest. I am NOT good at biology, sucks. I think everyone is different, but the general consensus is that chemistry is the hardest
matthew769
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't think they were showing off, I found chemistry easiest too but possibly because I had a good teacher
Alexandra's Box
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I've only done GCSE and although Biology was the easiest to understand, the exam style meant it was the hardest. My easiest according to GCSE score was Chemistry. My new AS Bio teacher today said that it is actually very hard - not the 'easy science' - due to volume of information and tricky questions in the exam. Yay.
Guess I'll know in March, hey?
TheIrrational
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Everton_)
Good answer Just like any subject For e.g Maths English Science I think Overall English is the hardest so there must be a subject I find easier which is Maths
Oh god, I hated English. I think most people who do well in maths and sciences tend not to like English too much. Obviously there are exceptions.
Tyles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i think chemistry is the easiest. am i showing off?
Dukeofwembley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
biology is pot luck, depends on paper, extremely hard or extremely easy

physics is the easiest- because its interesting and well its way easier than m2
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did all three for A level and chemistry was easily the hardest, then physics then biology
yorkshire.lad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hardest for me at GCSE was biology.

Hardest at A-level is Physics by far.
Sagga
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Physics is the hardest by far. For people who say physics is easy, you haven't done "Turning points in physics" for A2 which includes Einstein's special and general relativity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads