Turn on thread page Beta

CS:S Sort out your rates watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was on a CS map and someone kept telling me to sort out my rates, then kicked and banned me.

What is sorting out rates mean and how is it done?

Is the ban just for that server?

ReputationRep:
    It's setting:
    cmd_rate
    cl_updaterate
    cl_rate
    rate

to fair settings, I think mine are:
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_rate 101
    rate 999
    cmd_rate unsure

It's how much data your client (hl.exe) sends and receives per second. If they're set too low it can mean your body isn't where other players percieve it to be (only by a little).

It's also the largest excuse for doing crap, you hear loads of players complaining about rates, most time they're just having a bad day though.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.intheholecs.net/tutorials/showtut.php?id=14

ReputationRep:
    lol my mate is always shouting at players to sort out their rates! personally though I think 'ratehacking' is in the minority, ive only heard a few people compain about it in the past matches ive playd ...

ReputationRep:
    shoulda been lifebanned imo

for life.

ReputationRep:
    OK not sure about source because when it first came out (whne i played it) there where some problems with rates makign the game laggy.

Max rates would be
    rate 20000
    cl_updaterate 101
    cl_cmdrate 101

Obviously these are fine to use online but they are usually made for LAN use

For online I would suggest:
    rate 17000
    cl_updaterate 80
    cl_cmdrate 70

rates control how fast you send data to and receive from the server. If your rates are very low, it makes you hard to hit because the server cant update your position fast enough to other users to make their shots accurate. Obviously it works oppositely making it harder for you to make your shots.

interp rates also make a big difference, especially on LAN but lets not go into that. If someone asks you your rates on a server just say 20k 101 101 and call them a nerd for good measure.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.