What quality in people annoys you the most?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
clingy people
fussy people
sensitive people
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Spelling. Little/unintentional errors are okay - but if they're really bad...i become teacher like and find myself correcting peoples mistakes. I blame my English teacher!
I'm the same, and horrifically pedantic about grammar too. I loathe wrong apostrophes, and people who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're", and "txt spk", AND PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS get my goat. The worst is a combination, mixed in with no punctuation and plenty of unnecessary abuse. I demonstrate:
HEY FUK U YOU STUPID W*NKER YOUR SO IGNORENT WHY DNT U JUST SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE YOU LOOSER
Aaaaaaaagh!!!
Getting myself worked up here.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
I'm the same, and horrifically pedantic about grammar too. I loathe wrong apostrophes, and people who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're", and "txt spk", AND PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS get my goat. The worst is a combination, mixed in with no punctuation and plenty of unnecessary abuse. I demonstrate:
HEY FUK U YOU STUPID W*NKER YOUR SO IGNORENT WHY DNT U JUST SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE YOU LOOSER
Aaaaaaaagh!!!
Getting myself worked up here.
and they cant even spell loser.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
and they cant even spell loser.
Exactly!
Thank god I just made that one up..... but you see people putting "loose" where they mean "lose" all the time. Dammit, "loose" means "not tight"!!!
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
People who fail to see the humour of my arrogance.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
For me it has to be rude people, or people who think they're better than everyone else.

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

I think everyone knows someone who's chosen to fall in love with themselves.
When people are pretentious....i hate it when people pretend to be someting they're not....and come across as completely ungenuine and untrustworthy.

G
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
- people who agree with everything you say even if they have a different opinion entirely, just to win your respect. have some ideas of your own, dammit!
- people who talk over you
- people who distract you when you're about to sneeze/yawn
- people who contradict themselves
- people who pretend to be depressed when you know they're only doing it for attention
- people who say 'i'm fine' when they're blatantly not
- people who spell badly and refuse to learn from their mistakes
- people who deliberately pick fights with others
- people who boycott everything because it's cool
- hypocrites
- people who pretend to know a lot about something when they don't
- people who push into queues
- people who have no regard for others around them (especially in a city/busy street)
- people who think their opinion is the be-all and end-all
- people who are narrow minded
- people who judge you on your clothes/other material factors

phew.
swatfa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh and people who point at their watches when they ask you for the time.

Would they point at their crotches if they were to ask you where the toilets were?

I think not.
i think the well known expression is ''people who point at their WRISTS when they ask you for the time.''

why would they point to their Watches? that would be stupid and annoying.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Really, really friendly people piss me off immensely. You know, the ones you meet at a party or something, and their just like, "Hi! My name's *****. What's your's? How do you know *****? Wow we have got so much in common! We should meet up some time!" They don't let you get a word in edgeways, and instantly assume you like them when you just want them to piss off.

I know someone exactly like that!! He's so American in his ways..when he introduces himself it goes something along the lines of, ''Hey, I'm Nick and I study at King's College London, who are YOU and what are YOU doing with your life?''

Cringe!!

Rather him not me.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
i think the well known expression is ''people who point at their WRISTS when they ask you for the time.''

why would they point to their Watches? that would be stupid and annoying.

Perfectly innocent mistake.

You understood what I was trying to say, surely that's the main thing.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sarcasm- the patronising kind.

... no its not cool
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Inconsiderate people.

I always try to be considerate, monitoring how people are feeling in a social situation and making sure noone is pushed-out, overlooked, ignored or cut down. Perhaps this is because I was always bullied and don't want it to happen (even mildly) to other people. My friends call me "motherly" because of this - I wonder if that's a good or a bad thing? One friend says its the best thing about me and says she's glad when I'm around because she never feels crap! Bless her.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
people who expect you to listen to everything they have to say...but when you have sumthing to say they don't wanna know......
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
arrongant people with a superiority complex
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
(Original post by Blissy)
Inconsiderate people.

I always try to be considerate, monitoring how people are feeling in a social situation and making sure noone is pushed-out, overlooked, ignored or cut down. Perhaps this is because I was always bullied and don't want it to happen (even mildly) to other people. My friends call me "motherly" because of this - I wonder if that's a good or a bad thing? One friend says its the best thing about me and says she's glad when I'm around because she never feels crap! Bless her.
Good on you girl! I'm like that too, whenever I notice someone shrinking into the background tongue-tied, I always try to bring them out of their shell (not in a pushy way though)

I absolutely hate being left out of a conversation (who doesn't?) so when I notice someone's being uncommunicative I try my best to get them involved without putting them on the spot.

And yep-I get labelled ''motherly'' too-all the time!

When I'm around people who intimidate me though, I lose my motherly streak and start behaving really childishly, which I think annoys people a lot
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Sarcasm- the patronising kind.

... no its not cool
No, you're quite right, of course it isn't.
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
(Original post by Zapsta)
No, you're quite right, of course it isn't.
The type or sarcasm which isn't even remotely witty such as ''Ermm okaaaaaay'' or ''Riiiight whatever you say so'' or ''Anywaaaay moving on swiftly'' really really really annoys me!!

There's nothing appropriate you can say back, they get the upper hand for being complete *******s, and it's all for something not even vaguely funny!

Wow, I'm feeling particularly bitter today!
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good on you girl! I'm like that too, whenever I notice someone shrinking into the background tongue-tied, I always try to bring them out of their shell (not in a pushy way though)

I absolutely hate being left out of a conversation (who doesn't?) so when I notice someone's being uncommunicative I try my best to get them involved without putting them on the spot.

And yep-I get labelled ''motherly'' too-all the time!

When I'm around people who intimidate me though, I lose my motherly streak and start behaving really childishly, which I think annoys people a lot
Glad to hear it! We need to spread around and help society
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Drunk people who ring Nightline at 3am and then proceed to wind you up. People who walk in groups very slowly, taking up the whole pavement. Flatmates who never do their washing up.
Meeps
Report 16 years ago
I really find annoying
- people who take their mobile phones out even when it is not ringing but leave it infront of everyone all the time as if to say 'hey look at my AMAZING phone!'.
- people (who you know) invites someone out that you are going somewhere with infront of you but then dont even think about inviting you (i.e. get blanked).
-people that are always sarcastic or rude to one person everytime they talk to them, but then talk normally to everyone else
-people who say they are going to do something but never do it.
-those types of bartenders who when you ask for particular drink (that you can actually see, almost completely full, infront of you) but say they have run out cause they cant be assed to get it.
-people who randomly wistle at any given moment but make the tune up as they go along.
-people who ***** about another person to you, but when that person comes in, they begin to talk to each other like their best mates.
- i hate people who ***** (full stop) especially about a person you like and do it right infront of you.
-people who dont like going out ever, and when you once ask them if they want to come out, say they are busy when their really not.
- i find annoying people who think their hard but are not and try to then dress up like gangstas (i.e townies)
- people who dont have anything constructive to say in a debate and so interupt it by doing or saying something stupidly annoying to try to be funny and get attention!
-i find annoying, people who are hardcore american patrionists and think the world revolves around them
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (92)
53.18%
No they should not (61)
35.26%
Abstain (20)
11.56%

Watched Threads