Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    bragging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    For me it has to be rude people, or people who think they're better than everyone else.

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.

I think everyone knows someone who's chosen to fall in love with themselves.

Ablutophobia (The fear of washing or bathing)

ReputationRep:
    For me it has to be rude people, or people who think they're better than everyone else.

Pretentious people who have to double barrel their name to make themselves appear important or rich.

ReputationRep:

People who are pompous and pretentious i really have a problem with.
    I mean, most qualities are tolerable, even if they aren't really that good, but people who think they are better than others, and try to show off merely to attempt to show some sort of misplaced superiority that they believe they have.
    I get REALLY annoyed by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    People who are pompous and pretentious i really have a problem with.
    I mean, most qualities are tolerable, even if they aren't really that good, but people who think they are better than others, and try to show off merely to attempt to show some sort of misplaced superiority that they believe they have.
    I get REALLY annoyed by it.
    It's the sort of people who are selective in how they view themselves and have a carefully edited self-image of themselves in their heads, minimising all defects. I think they call it the ego. People like this, who think they're God's gift, must know deep inside how they've overemphasized good qualities in their heads, but refuse to drop that self-made image and confront the uncensored truth.

Or maybe it's the polar opposite, and they're ultra-insecure, so need this shell around them to hide who they're afraid to be.

Or maybe they just simply enjoy being complete *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    - people who boycott everything because it's cool
    To that I would add people who go on anti-war protests because it's cool or "a fun day out". They make me mad. And you wouldn't like me when I'm mad....
    But bear in mind that there are people - yours truly included - who boycott everything out of a sense of overwhelming, and probably partly irrational, guilt that if they buy those products then people 1000s of miles away will instantly drop dead of exhaustion/starvation/disease etc.
    Maybe I have a problem....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    Pretentious people who have to double barrel their name to make themselves appear important or rich.
    Woah, hey now! Some of us are given double-barreled names by our parents, and aren't pretentious and don't want to seem important or rich at all. Meep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    Woah, hey now! Some of us are given double-barreled names by our parents, and aren't pretentious and don't want to seem important or rich at all. Meep.
    i have a double barrelled first and second name so i must be a right ****.

ReputationRep:
    I hate modesty... if people are the best at something, i think it is their right to say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I hate modesty... if people are the best at something, i think it is their right to say so.
    i hate over-confidence... you know when there's a group of people who don't know eachother and there's always one person who everyone gets to know their name first because they're loud, brash and do the most talking (about themselves). Darish Danash is a prime example.

ReputationRep:
    Fair Enough, but what i mean is, i have this friend who plays Hockey for Australia, she is the best out of all the people we know and when we are saying somehtign we get her to say she plays hockey right and shell just say "Yeah, i play" and then we have to say..."
    And she's really really good at it too."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    i have a double barrelled first and second name so i must be a right ****.
    What-ho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    i hate over-confidence... you know when there's a group of people who don't know eachother and there's always one person who everyone gets to know their name first because they're loud, brash and do the most talking (about themselves). Darish Danash is a prime example.
    It could be a symptom of nervousness. I tend to speak loudly, and smile excessively when I'm in (or what I be perceive to be) an awkward social situation. Either that or I withdraw completely, and avoid the limelight as best I can. Which then may lead people to conclude I'm cold, nonchalnat, dismissive. I'm trying (albeit unsuccesfully!) never to make my judgements based on first impressions on alone.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a symptom of nervousness. I tend to speak loudly, and smile excessively when I'm in (or what I be perceive to be) an awkward social situation. Either that or I withdraw completely, and avoid the limelight as best I can. Which then may lead people to conclude I'm cold, nonchalnat, dismissive. I'm trying (albeit unsuccesfully!) never to make my judgements based on first impressions on alone.
    Nonchalant*

I would rather not be attacked about poor spelling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Fair Enough, but what i mean is, i have this friend who plays Hockey for Australia, she is the best out of all the people we know and when we are saying somehtign we get her to say she plays hockey right and shell just say "Yeah, i play" and then we have to say..."
    And she's really really good at it too."
    oh god no... i hate that too... i'm all for people being straight about their talents (i'm not sure why i put my other post as a reply to your thread i meant it to my reply to the original question, sorry) x

ReputationRep:

Three traits I hate:

Impoliteness, Arrogance, and Stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    oh no these people aren't nervous.... they've usually done a stint in stage school or something, and have been told by mummy and daddy that they're fantastic all their lives - i'm sure you wouldn't come into my definition. I do the excessive smiling thing too... but i speak really quietly and mumble. I hate being in a group where i don't know everyone so maybe i just envy the more confident types!!

ReputationRep:
    -I hate people that show off
    -PPl that stink
    mmmmmmmmmm..
    Can't think of anything else really!!!

ReputationRep:
    When people knock on my room door and then just push it open before we've said come in or anything.

When people talk about money and how their parents can buy them anything and they don't have to use their loan, cos their parents are paying for everything and they have their own car too...

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance and rudeness. There's this one girl I know who honestly thinks she's god's gift, ARGHHHHHHHHHHH SHE'S SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.