72.88%
small quantity / high quality (16)
27.12%
3xhilaration
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Would you rather have a large wardrobe with low/not so good quality clothing i.e. topman/topshop, or a small wardrobe with higher quality designer clothing i.e. diesel, polo, d&g etc..

an example -

3 pairs of "next" jeans
or
1 "pair of diesel" jeans
HipsAndHearts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like topshop clothes...
digitalparadox
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HipsAndHearts)
I like topshop clothes...
So do I....and seeing as though i'm going to be a student soon, the prices at topshop would make them quality.
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
topshop all the way with a few designer items!
smartangel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i like topshop too!....but in answer to the question, i'd rather have more of the non-designer clothes than less of designer....i like change...if quality means i wear the same things over and over again then itz the quantity im going 4 !!
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it’s Topshop, then quantity.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Quantity. I like having lots of choice. I would get bored with less to pick from.
BUBBLES1123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think you need a mixture of both in an ideal world i would spend most of my budget on a large volume of cheap clothes - they don't have to last as they will go out of fashion quickly, and then buy one or too really top end classic pieces each season. I have things that I've bought cheap wore once then thrown out and things I've had for 6 years and still wear
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
topman is terrible.
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
quantity. Sure, you can look nice in designer outfits but there's so many more looks you can create when you've got more to work with. I love Topshop anyway.
Dilute
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Topshop's low quality, then bring it on!

In my books, low = Primark, high = Topshop/Warehouse, but I chose quantity, since your criteria says that Topshop is low.
3xhilaration
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ok so maybe topshop was a bad example, another way of putting it could of been - fast fashion or designer, too late now anyway :rolleyes:

and the male/female thing is a big issue as many places i.e, topman are no where as good as topshop in terms of range and quality or products..
Traum
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
topshop is expensive as! I thought this is more of a H&M/Primark etc vs the world of high street fashion (topshop, RI) thing
Eau
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
it depends what small and large quantity is, and what high and low quality is.

Can i have a mixture of both? How about medium quality?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think someone can pull off 'cheap' clothes with style if they actually want to. I mean, what is the difference between a black shirt from somewhere unbranded and a black shirt saying 'Diesel' except the label? If we're going for looks only and a fair comparison is held.

On the other hand, i would buy branded clothing but only on sale (like of Adidas shirts are cheap then there's no reason not to buy them). I have to buy branded shoes though, as my feet are so damn huge!
Juneau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like to go for a mix between the two. I've found in the past buying a pair of more expensive jeans can be worth it as they hold their colour much better a lot of the time. The same goes for a lot of designer clothes actually, for instance I have a Tommy t-shirt that is literally 10 years old (quite how it still fits me I don't know but hey).

The simple fact of the matter is though I can't afford to only have designer clothes, so if I actually want to have significant choice of what to weare I have to branch out a bit hehe
Exoskeletal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I much prefer simple clothes in nice colours, with no emblems, logos or branding. (why would i want to pay to advertise their name?).
therefore i get most of my clothes from Topshop, Primark and H&M.
Although i will admit, come summer, i will probably get me some designer shades (from TK Maxx of course ). but sunglasses are different.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd rather have more choice than anything. I cant justify spending money on designer stuff at all.
nabiha87
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
definitely quantity! i'm not a fan of designer clothes really x x
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Designer clothes usually (but not always) = better quality, hence will last longer (not to mention look way better, better cut etc).

Quality over quantity, if I had the money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads