Turn on thread page Beta

Caught "Hacking" By School watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    a few boys got busted at our school for downloading movies on the internets broadband

the **** hit the fan when the motion picture association of america threatened to sue the school !!!! They were suspsended for 3 weeks, but no lawsuit was filed.

ReputationRep:
    If you are good enough to hack into a school system and change the headteacher's portrait for example, then surely you are good enough to hack into someone else's user account to do it from - then you won't be caught!

ReputationRep:
    LOL, we used to do this all the time! we spent ages finding ways through the network, and we made loads of user area names with tonnes of game on them too - like, quake, doom, roms etc. we also had some private desktop programs to hide the files when not in use. we used to have races to see who could finish sonic 2 levels the fastest, or finish mario fastest etc.

ah, those were the days

(im sure mc_watson87 and innitman_uk can comment on this too :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    If you are good enough to hack into a school system and change the headteacher's portrait for example, then surely you are good enough to hack into someone else's user account to do it from - then you won't be caught!
    he didn't do it from his account, it says earlier on that accessed someone elses password

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    firstly, you dont get caught by school computer admins unless you are a pretty bad hacker. In your case i think you are more of a 'script-kiddy' as we say, so no harm done really. If you are really into hacking, stay as an ethical hacker.
    If you bovered to read my posts, you would see that me and a few others changed things on the school network (e.g. Our headteachers photo on the internet site to a picture of Mr T). Getting caught for this wont make me a script kiddy, even the worst sysadmin can spot a mistake like that. Also I haven't been caught yet, and probably won't im just very pessimistic.

And yes I did from a teachers account, and since the teachers would never do that its obvisously a student.

I Like that stuff about roms, Sonic kicks ass! There was a massive "craze" for roms at my school last year. Practically everyone in the school had sonic/streets of rage on their accounts, but the admins soon found out and gave everyone 2 days to delete them or they get suspended. Now we play them off CD's.

ReputationRep:
    ok my name is a little fu<ked up stupid auto fill on google toolbar anyways i got busted for accessing my schools server by useing a simple
    user: administrator
    pass: system999
    just useing remote dektop you could access it i got the ip from my network folder under properties it was super easy but once i got there i had to use a brute force password cracker to open the teachers drives but then that was all i could change grades well actualy anything that was on a computer in that campus however this kid that has been following me and my friend found out how i did it and hacked my friends comp. so the teacher found out called a techy and he check out the comp. but only found three of us out of six so not too bad except it was me too plus my school are freeks in the "USA" so i had to go to a "alternitive education program" for 4 months!!!! oh well i hope everyone elses experience was better than mine :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.